basskisser

Default OT Gas prices ARE BushCo's fault

I know, I know, you right wing lemmings probably don't recall Bush
saying anything about getting energy back to affordable levels, or
getting OPEC and oil companies in line, but I do, and I knew, because
he and Cheney were oil men anyway, that it was all a bunch of lies.
I'm beginning to wonder, has Bush told the truth about ANYTHING? By
the way, because of the price of energy, our wonderful tax break is
now officially gone, we'll spend much more on energy than we got for a
taxbreak. Don't you just LOVE the republican's voodoo economics??:

ENERGY
Administration Strategy Out of Gas

In 2000, George W. Bush promised the American people that, if elected
president he would "deal with the energy problem." But, as the average
cost of gasoline tops $2 a gallon for the first time ever, the Bush
administration still lacks a viable energy strategy. Instead of
pursuing a bi-partisan strategy to lower oil prices, the
administration reflexively pushes its failed energy legislation
written by Vice President Cheney's secret energy task force with the
help of former Enron CEO Ken Lay and other oil executives. That bill,
which repeatedly has been rejected by Congress, provides billions in
subsidies to energy companies and undermines essential environmental
regulations but does little to promote conservation or alternative
fuels – efforts that would insulate consumers from fossil fuel price
spikes. The persistent high prices have padded the profits of oil and
gas companies – who have contributed more than $3.5 million to Bush's
presidential campaigns. Meanwhile, according to Gov. Jennifer Granholm
(D-MI) "the 42-cent rise in average gas prices since Mr. Bush took
office had cost consumers $42 billion year." Because the Bush
administration has failed to control costs, the average American is
paying is $528 more for energy than they did during the previous
administration – more than most received in income tax cuts.

BUSH CONTINUES TO DIVERT OIL FOR STRATEGIC RESERVE: The strategic oil
reserve "currently holds nearly 660 million barrels," which is an
all-time record. Nevertheless, the Bush administration still purchases
170,000 barrels a day for the reserve, and will continue to do so
until the Louisiana salt caves where the oil is stored can hold no
more. According to William Greehey, CEO of Valero Energy Corp., if
Bush stopped purchasing oil for the reserve, "it would signal to
commodity traders that the White House is serious about oil prices"
and "prices would fall fast."

BUSH-SANCTIONED REFINERY MERGERS CONTRIBUTE TO HIGH PRICES: Since he
took office Bush has "allowed an increase in oil refinery mergers to
go unchecked." The Bush administration has approved 33 oil refinery
takeovers worth $19.5 billion and hasn't tried to block any. The
rampant consolidation "may have contributed to the highest gasoline
prices in 20 years" because less competition among refiners means they
are free to take higher profits. ConocoPhillips, the nation's largest
oil refiner, recorded its biggest profit ever in the first quarter of
this year. Exxon Mobil, the nation's second largest oil refiner,
"reported its highest first-quarter refining earnings in 13 years."
basskisser

John H wrote in message . ..
On 21 May 2004 04:12:32 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

John H wrote in message . ..
On 19 May 2004 11:57:15 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

I know, I know, you right wing lemmings probably don't recall Bush
saying anything about getting energy back to affordable levels, or
getting OPEC and oil companies in line, but I do, and I knew, because
he and Cheney were oil men anyway, that it was all a bunch of lies.
I'm beginning to wonder, has Bush told the truth about ANYTHING?

Omniscience is a great thing!

John H

what part of the above, that you snipped do you disagree with? Yes,
omniscience IS a great thing. But, to you, it's probably not as great
as pictures of little girls "in the biblical sense", right?

Are you talking about the relatives of yours that someone referred to your
biblical knowledge of? You've been on this line for awhile, but it seems like
the question had to do with *your* knowledge of some kids (yours, or others).

If you think your comments are upsetting to me, just remember that (other than
this post) only Harry Krause has responded to them. b'asskisser, you are so far
down on the list of respectables that even Harry would be considered eminently
so.

John H

Here it is again. You are directly asking for pictures. What school
distict to you teach children in? I'll bet they would like to have a
say in this:

Quite the opposite, I'm sure. I don't think I've ever seen a child
that didn't like Dr. Seuss books. And many of them that I've been
around are quite intelligent.

Not known many children?

Bassie has "known" 'em in the Biblical sense.

Hope you've got those photos ready to post!

John H

John Smith

It looks to me that John wanted to turn them over to the law. At no time
did he say that he liked pics. It sounds to me that you are making wild
accusations without any proof.

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
John H wrote in message

. ..
On 21 May 2004 04:12:32 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

John H wrote in message

. ..

Diesel Prices Mike General 2 March 20th 04 03:32 AM
Where are the best places for marine audio prices? Jensen Feedback? Bchbound General 2 March 14th 04 01:57 AM
Fuel Prices Feeding GOP Greed? Harry Krause General 15 March 5th 04 11:59 PM
Mercruiser "injector fault" Paul English General 0 September 2nd 03 01:53 PM