Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eisboch

Default I think I've been had...

by a shady boat storage marina in Florida.

A year and a half ago I trailered a new Scout Sportsfish 202 from Ma to
Florida and decided to store it a rack storage facility near Jupiter Inlet.
It turns out I never used it in Florida, however I did check on it from time
to time and paid the marina to clean and detail it a couple of times.

The boat had 5 hours on the engine meter (Yamaha 200 four stroke) when I
took it to the storage place. I never took the boat out.

Last week, I had my nephew pick up the boat and clean it up to sell. He
just called me and told me:

a) The boat has a waterline mark on the hull from sitting in a slip on the
ICW.
b) The engine meter now has 23 hours on it.
c) There is some minor damage (2-inch deep scrape) on one of the sides -
something that
would result from a failed docking attempt.

I called the storage place an hour ago and happened to get the owner. I
asked him if he could explain why the engine now has 23 hours and has minor
damage.
He denies that the boat ever left the rack and hung up on me.

Fortunately, other than the minor scrape, the boat is fine otherwise and the
engine runs fine. But man, does this crap **** me off!

Eisboch (venting)