Robert Denner

Default Rebuilding Johnson Carburetors

I would like to replace the float valves,seats and gaskets on my 1995 200HP
outboard. I purchased OEM kits to do the job but upon opening up the float
chamber I find that the float seat is screwed into a hole that has at the
top a raised washer shaped surface. It looks like a washer but I can't
remove it. Why I ask is that in the kits comes a nylon washer which looks
like it is a seal for under the seat. Should I use the nylon washer over the
raised surface or just screw the new seat in the hole like the original
seats were? Hope someone out there can help me.

Thanks very much
Bob

Billgran

"Robert Denner" wrote in message
t...
I would like to replace the float valves,seats and gaskets on my 1995

200HP
outboard. I purchased OEM kits to do the job but upon opening up the float
chamber I find that the float seat is screwed into a hole that has at the
top a raised washer shaped surface. It looks like a washer but I can't
remove it. Why I ask is that in the kits comes a nylon washer which looks
like it is a seal for under the seat. Should I use the nylon washer over

the
raised surface or just screw the new seat in the hole like the original
seats were?

On the Minlon plastic carburetor bodies, like your motor has, the raised
seat acts as a sealing washer and you do not use the white washer that is in
the needle and seat kit. That needle and seat kit is also used on many
aluminum bodied carbs where the washer is required to seal the brass "seat".
It's best to do the carbs using a service manual which will tell you the
procedure, the specs, and how to adjust the linkage and synchronization
correctly.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Help: 50 hp Johnson ('72) allergic to water DundasJim General 4 July 21st 03 02:25 AM
15 HP Johnson overheat Q Joe Here General 8 July 15th 03 03:11 AM
Johnson 70 outboard. Smoke at idle MrDiesel General 13 July 13th 03 10:03 PM
55 johnson for parts Bob General 1 July 11th 03 02:33 PM
Stiff steering on Johnson 15hp Lloyd Sumpter General 1 July 11th 03 12:22 AM