John H.

Default Black mark removal

My boat is routinely lifted by a fork lift to be put on a rack. The lift has
left many black streaks on the bottom of the boat. Now the marina has finally
bought new covers for the forks, so I'm thinking of cleaning the marks off.

West Marine sells stuff to do the job, supposedly. Has anyone ever used it? Any
recommendations on how to do it?

Thanks!
--
John H

jps

In article , PocoLoco415
@hotmail.com says...
My boat is routinely lifted by a fork lift to be put on a rack. The lift has
left many black streaks on the bottom of the boat. Now the marina has finally
bought new covers for the forks, so I'm thinking of cleaning the marks off.

West Marine sells stuff to do the job, supposedly. Has anyone ever used it? Any
recommendations on how to do it?

Thanks!

The black streak remover that west sells is for streaks down the sides.

You need polish and some elbow grease. Don't forget to wax.

jps
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:02:57 -0400, John H.
wrote:

My boat is routinely lifted by a fork lift to be put on a rack. The lift has
left many black streaks on the bottom of the boat. Now the marina has finally
bought new covers for the forks, so I'm thinking of cleaning the marks off.

West Marine sells stuff to do the job, supposedly. Has anyone ever used it? Any
recommendations on how to do it?

Thanks!

To to WalMart and buy some Soft Scrub Plain.

Little elbow grease, little wax and your all set.

John H.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:31:54 -0500, "seeray28" wrote:

Pesonally , I would bitch at the marina and have them remove the marks, they
put them there

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
My boat is routinely lifted by a fork lift to be put on a rack. The lift

has
left many black streaks on the bottom of the boat. Now the marina has

finally
bought new covers for the forks, so I'm thinking of cleaning the marks

off.

West Marine sells stuff to do the job, supposedly. Has anyone ever used

it? Any
recommendations on how to do it?

Thanks!
--
John H

Well, thanks to all for the advice. Looks like it's going to take work. Damn.

I've already bitched at the marina. It's 'just one of those things'. If I left
it in the water, I'd have to remove barnacles. Oh well.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD