Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
*JimH*

Default Just in time for your holiday weekend boating enjoyment.......................

..............that is unless you docked he

===============================

A massive ferry lost power while docking Thursday and mowed through dozens
of boats at a marina, running aground and sending some terrified bystanders
fleeing.
"I saw at least two people literally running for their lives from the
oncoming ship," said passenger Shawn Atleo, who was on the bow of the
140-metre-long ferry. "They obviously heard the horn and I could see the
look of shock on the man's face as he looked up, saw what was coming."

He added: "There were sailboat masts that were disappearing under the bow."

The blaring ferry horn made staff at the Boathouse Restaurant look up in
time to see the 7,000-tonne vessel careen into two fingers of the massive
marina dock.

"It took out some big boats, sailboats 30 feet long," said cook Bryn
McArthur.

http://www.canada.com/national/natio...5-af021a797771