NOYB

Default OT--There's still hope for Canada

Just when I thought that there was no longer hope for Canada, it seems that
they've finally gotten a decent leader with a brain:

Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin said Monday he believes Saddam had WMD
and they've fallen into terrorists' hands, making the threat of terrorism
greater now than in the wake of 9-11, Canada's Sun Media reported.

"The fact is that there is now, we know well, a proliferation of nuclear
weapons, and that many weapons that Saddam Hussein had, we don't know where
they are," Martin told a crowd of about 700 university researchers and
business leaders in Montreal. "That means terrorists have access to all of
that."

Martin, with the backing of President Bush, is lobbying the international
community to form an informational organization to address world issues such
as terrorism.

"I believe that terrorism will be, for our generation, what the Cold War was
to generations that preceded us," he said. "I don't think we're out of it
yet."

Martin's comments on the root of terrorism contrasted with the views of his
predecessor, Jean Chretien, who blamed it on poverty.

"The cause of terrorism is not poverty," Martin said, "it is hatred."

Martin has made two pretty significant admissions (hell, he almost sounds
like a Republican):

1)Admitting that Saddam had WMD's, but we just don't know where they are,

and

2) admitting that hatred drives the terrorists...which means that the
Western nations aren't responsible for terrorist acts against them

NOYB

"NOYB" wrote in message
news
[...]

I guess Martin isn't "one of the World leaders" who called Kerry expressing
his support.

Don White

It would be interesting to know wher martin got his intel....
probably from one of Curious George's henchmen.
Don't forget, Paul Martin is the guy who moved his steamship company
offshore so he could avoid paying decent wages.
I think he might make a good Republican. Where can we ship him to?

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message
It would be interesting to know wher martin got his intel....
probably from one of Curious George's henchmen.
Don't forget, Paul Martin is the guy who moved his steamship company
offshore so he could avoid paying decent wages.
I think he might make a good Republican. Where can we ship him to?

But, he is your Prime Minister and leads your country.

Don White

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

But, he is your Prime Minister and leads your country.

He was never 'elected' as our Prime Minister.
His political party (Liberals) appointed him when the previous PM resigned.
Other than that...yes he does lead the country. Where would you like him
delivered?

basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
Just when I thought that there was no longer hope for Canada, it seems that
they've finally gotten a decent leader with a brain:

Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin said Monday he believes Saddam had WMD
and they've fallen into terrorists' hands, making the threat of terrorism
greater now than in the wake of 9-11, Canada's Sun Media reported.

Yeah, THATS it!!! My, you right wingers are sure grasping at straws
now! I can here Rummy now, Well, you see, citizens, Saddam HAD WMD's,
and the factories to produce them, and the arsenal to keep them, and
the facilities to launch them, and all of the perephreal facilities
needed to store, launch, design, produce, transport, etc., and then
"the terrorists" came and hauled it all off on their backs to the
mountains.........

Every day, a new lie to keep the WMD issue going!!
Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
news
"The fact is that there is now, we know well, a proliferation of nuclear
weapons, and that many weapons that Saddam Hussein had, we don't know

where
they are," Martin told a crowd of about 700 university researchers and
business leaders in Montreal. "That means terrorists have access to all of
that."

So do we (have access to nuclear weapons). This man has brilliant powers of
deduction.

Martin's comments on the root of terrorism contrasted with the views of

his
predecessor, Jean Chretien, who blamed it on poverty.

"The cause of terrorism is not poverty," Martin said, "it is hatred."

Interesting. Virtually every social scientist on the planet knows that
disenfranchisement and poverty are two of the greatest causes of unrest.
It's true in our inner cities, in the poorest countries in Africa, and in
the Middle East. Give someone a cushy job with Intel and their political
issues suddenly become as important as which brand of toilet paper's on sale
this week.