Bert Robbins

Default The last elected POTUS is back!

wrote in message
ink.net...
in·no·cent
adj.
1.. Uncorrupted by evil, malice, or wrongdoing; sinless: an

innocent
child.
2..
1.. Not guilty of a specific crime or offense; legally

blameless:
was innocent of all charges.
2.. Within, allowed by, or sanctioned by the law; lawful.
ac·quit
tr.v. ac·quit·ted, ac·quit·ting, ac·quits
1.. Law. To free or clear from a charge or accusation.
Funny, they both say the same thing... Bill Clinton was found
INNOCENT, he was ACQUITTED

Sorry you guys can't seem to see this... It is very difficult for me
to put things in laymen's terms if you want to change the rules.

Here let me give you a reference point...

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...ougal.verdict/
McDougal not guilty on one count; mistrial declared on other two
charges

April 12, 1999
Web posted at: 5:51 p.m. EDT (2151 GMT)

LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas (AllPolitics, April 12) -- Whitewater figure
Susan McDougal was found not guilty Monday of obstruction of justice but

the
judge declared a mistrial after jurors said they were "hopelessly
deadlocked" on the criminal contempt charges.

U.S. District Judge George Howard Jr. declared the mistrial on two
criminal contempt counts just before jurors delivered the innocent verdict
in the courtroom.

I see here it doesn't say McDougal was acquitted... No it says the
jury delivered the "innocent" verdict.

Sorry Bert, you've been beat again

Where does it say the a jury returns a verdict of innocence? Last I looked
juries returned verdicts of guilty or not-guilty.

John Gaquin

wrote in message news:s9ypc.7804

Funny, they both say the same thing... Bill Clinton was found
INNOCENT, he was ACQUITTED

There's a big, big difference between innocent and not guilty. Grown-ups
know this.

Harry Krause

Bert Robbins wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

In the good old days of newspaper reporting, we were taught to write
"innocent" if someone on trial were found not guilty, because of the
danger of the word "NOT" falling on the floor in the composing room.
Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

So, you agree that there is no finding of innocence by a court of law, only
guilty and not-guilty!

Harry Krause

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:

wrote in message
thlink.net...

[...]

No, Bertie, I merely was adding anecdotal information.

Bert Robbins

Bert Robbins wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

So, the journalists are instructed to change the truth in order to make
mistakes less often.

Harry Krause

Bert Robbins wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:

wrote in message
arthlink.net...

[...]

So, what's between your ears is no different than the difference between
a rock and a hard place, eh?
basskisser

"John Gaquin" wrote in message ...
wrote in message news:Yycpc.6160

He was charged, he was not convicted. With no conviction he is innocent.

Sorry but your impeachment song doesn't play any longer

If you can't play with the big boys, go home. Read your Constitution (if
you have a copy). Learn what words mean.

Clinton was impeached. Period. On the record, forever. He was not
convicted by the Senate, but the impeachment stands on record for all time.

Lightweights.

And how many millions of dollars did it cost the U.S. taxpayers to
find out Bill likes sex?
Doug Kanter

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

wrote in message news:s9ypc.7804

Funny, they both say the same thing... Bill Clinton was found
INNOCENT, he was ACQUITTED

There's a big, big difference between innocent and not guilty. Grown-ups
know this.

There's also a big difference between an extramarital affair, and using your
country's armed forces as a no-charge mercenary force to protect your
family's investments. Unfortunately, hypocrites pretend not to know this.

Back from vacation Mickey General 0 April 4th 04 02:41 AM
New one on me - Laminate Flooring Black-n-Gold General 117 October 16th 03 06:50 PM
The Bahamas, Key West and back. LaBomba182 General 1 August 4th 03 01:28 PM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM