*JimH*

Default What do you figure..........

.......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

*JimH*

"seeray28" wrote in message
you REALLY dont want to know

Time to come clean.....sort of like AA.......

Hello, my name is XXXXXXXXXX. I am a boater and it costs me
XXXXXXXXXXX/year to enjoy doing
so...........................................

;-)

bb

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

16' Kayak. Cost new, $1,100. Paddle $150. Life jacket/whistle $15.
Roof rack $300.

Average use, once a week, maybe 3 hours.

Monthly maintenance: Storage $0. Fuel/mechanical repair $0. Haul
out/bottom job $0. Insurance/registration $0.

Average number of hours spent per month on maintenance, varnish, buff
and wax, minor mechanical repairs: 0

On a scale of 1 to 10, quality of boating experience as compared to
other sail and power boats I've owned: 9.5.

What kind of boat do you own, JimH, and what has been your
cost/benefit experience?

bb

mgg

Not too bad. I have an 1995 18.5' runabout with no loan on it. It costs me
about
$40 in fuel each time out (today's prices), and that's probably about 12-20
times/year.
Insurance is $190/yr and being in the SF Bay area winterizing really
consists of Stabil, and fluid changes. I store it in a warehouse that I
own...under cover all the time. So...less than a grand? The enjoyment out of
it is worth waaay more than that.

--Mike

"*JimH*" wrote in message
......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning
and maintenance costs.

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

I can tell you exactly.

32 foot Contender: $5,600 with no loan.

20 foot Ranger: $97.

14 foot Princecraft: $33.

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

Contender located in MA, Ranger and Princecraft in my driveway.
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:52:56 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

I can tell you exactly.

32 foot Contender: $5,600 with no loan.

Whoops - forgot fuel - add another $3,000 to that.

20 foot Ranger: $97.

Fuel - add about $700.

14 foot Princecraft: $33.

Fuel - add about $150

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

Contender located in MA, Ranger and Princecraft in my driveway.

John H

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

If I told ya, I'd have to shoot ya.
--
John H

John H

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:25:55 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

......boating costs you per year? This includes bank loans, fuel,
insurance, dockage fees, winterization, winter storage, recommissioning and
maintenance costs.

It would be interesting if you could note the size of boat, location and
principal use, as each affects the overall cost/year.

OK, OK.

Marina - 2000
Fuel - 500
Insurance - 300