Quest0029

Default Penn Yan tunnel drive, opinions please

I'd like to hear from any who have
had experience with the Penn Yan
tunnel drive. Does it have any effect
on handling, economy or any other issues?
Thanks!

Mark
trainfan1

Quest0029 wrote:
I'd like to hear from any who have
had experience with the Penn Yan
tunnel drive. Does it have any effect
on handling, economy or any other issues?
Thanks!

Mark

Worse fuel economy, even worse reverse handling & lower top speed than
regular inboards, but good starting/accel thrust and generally shallow
draft. Can be somewhat noisy too with the water rushing through the
hull. I like'm though, I hope to own one soon. Classic lines &
construction, straightforward driveline & easy maintenance, & can be
quiet too at lower speeds with the below-water exhaust feature. I like
the V-8 rumble, so would probably opt for the factory through-hulls
given my 'druthers.

Rob
Quest0029

Appreciate the information Rob, kind of
thought fuel economy would be worse
but they are nice boats especially for
shallow conditions.

Worse fuel economy, even worse reverse handling & lower top speed than
regular inboards, but good starting/accel thrust and generally shallow
draft. Can be somewhat noisy too with the water rushing through the
hull. I like'm though, I hope to own one soon.

Storing boat with drive up? werlax General 6 November 5th 03 03:35 AM
Trimming the drive Joe Parsons General 9 September 9th 03 10:51 AM
Velvet Drive Slipping Keith General 0 August 4th 03 02:23 PM