trainfan1

Default Penn Yan tunnel drive, opinions please

Quest0029 wrote:
I'd like to hear from any who have
had experience with the Penn Yan
tunnel drive. Does it have any effect
on handling, economy or any other issues?
Thanks!

Mark

Worse fuel economy, even worse reverse handling & lower top speed than
regular inboards, but good starting/accel thrust and generally shallow
draft. Can be somewhat noisy too with the water rushing through the
hull. I like'm though, I hope to own one soon. Classic lines &
construction, straightforward driveline & easy maintenance, & can be
quiet too at lower speeds with the below-water exhaust feature. I like
the V-8 rumble, so would probably opt for the factory through-hulls
given my 'druthers.

Rob