JAXAshby

Default 8 frickin posts ng and EVERYone political

kriste on a crutch. can't you guys get laid? so sailing, go fishing, go paint
the powerboat, but GO.
Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
kriste on a crutch. can't you guys get laid? so sailing, go fishing, go paint
the powerboat, but GO.

Well, I did see a post about anchor chain, but it was totally devoid of
meaningful content...
JAXAshby

well, hoary, that is probably true for someone who couldn't graduate grade
third grade even after 4 tries.

Well, I did see a post about anchor chain, but it was totally devoid of
meaningful content...

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:

well, hoary, that is probably true for someone who couldn't graduate grade
third grade even after 4 tries.

Well, I did see a post about anchor chain, but it was totally devoid of
meaningful content...

Indeed, I got that feeling after reading your post...and wondered,
actually, whether you were just passed along to the third grade as a
sort of social promotion.
JAXAshby

ah, hoary, have you set foot on a sailboat at any time in the last 70 years?

help us out, hoary. tell us what you learned way back then

or, if that is beyond you, google for a couple days (0.14 seconds for anyone
else) to find out why diesel engines have longer connecting rods relative to
cylinder bore than gas engines.

Or why a diesel needs a larger stroke relative to bore?

Or why sails are made of cloth?

well, hoary, that is probably true for someone who couldn't graduate grade
third grade even after 4 tries.

Well, I did see a post about anchor chain, but it was totally devoid of
meaningful content...

Indeed, I got that feeling after reading your post...and wondered,
actually, whether you were just passed along to the third grade as a
sort of social promotion.

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:

ah, hoary, have you set foot on a sailboat at any time in the last 70 years?

Indeed, in fact, you are addressing someone who was a fairly successful
"club" racer of BlueJays and Lightnings, back when boats were made of
wood, and someone whose high school sailing days were aboard a lovely
L16 made especially for my father by Bill L. himself. And that's just in
my younger sailing days.

help us out, hoary. tell us what you learned way back then

That it's no fun to sail when there's no wind.

or, if that is beyond you, google for a couple days (0.14 seconds for anyone
else) to find out why diesel engines have longer connecting rods relative to
cylinder bore than gas engines.

You know what? I don't really care. Whether they do or don't doesn't
pass my WGAS test. That's who who gives a ****.

Or why a diesel needs a larger stroke relative to bore?

WGAS.

Or why sails are made of cloth?

As opposed to what? Pasta?

JAXAshby

hoar tells us how much he has learned about sailing in the last 70 years
thusly:

"club" racer of BlueJays and Lightnings

boats were made of
wood,

You know what? I don't really care.

who who gives a ****.

any more pearls of wisdom for us hoary?
Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:

hoar tells us how much he has learned about sailing in the last 70 years
thusly:

"club" racer of BlueJays and Lightnings

boats were made of
wood,

You know what? I don't really care.

who who gives a ****.

any more pearls of wisdom for us hoary?

Yeah, well, club racing, starting with dinghies, is where one usually
learns about sailing. That's where I started, in Milford and Branford,
Connecticut.
JAXAshby

nice hoary. nice.

now, with all that incredible knowledge of things nautical why don't you
participate in discussions nautical?

jes askin

Yeah, well, club racing, starting with dinghies, is where one usually
learns about sailing. That's where I started, in Milford and Branford,
Connecticut.

Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
nice hoary. nice.

now, with all that incredible knowledge of things nautical why don't you
participate in discussions nautical?

jes askin

Yeah, well, club racing, starting with dinghies, is where one usually
learns about sailing. That's where I started, in Milford and Branford,
Connecticut.

Incredible knowledge? Nah. Just a lot of practical knowledge from many
years of salt water boating.

I used to participate in such discussions until the place was invaded by
a herd of hair-splitting assholes who thought they had some point to
prove, over and over and over, and by in-year-face assholes like Karen
Smith of Australia, a dispenser of verbosity, if nothing else.

I pretty much avoid your discussions, Jax, because they are tediously
vacuous. You wouldn't approve of my anchoring procedures, anyway. When
I'm fishing and anchored, I use as little line as will hold the boat in
one place. Depending upon the depth, the bottom, the wind and the
current, my anchor rode sometimes is pretty close to vertical. Annoying,
eh?

This is especially important in the Annapolis area, where on any given
Sunday, weekend sailboaters tend to act as if the Bay exists only for
them, and a boat anchored well outside any nav channels is only a target
of opportunity.

Frankly, I've never bene able to figure out why the Bay attracts so many
sailors. For much of the year, there isn't enough wind to float feather,
and the body of water itself is shoaled up along the edges quite a
distance from shore.

Most of them are dock-condo types, methinks.