rozz

Default wanted to buy

Looking for a sea ray sundancer 268 with trailer in the great lakes
area. Prefer 1988 or newer, in the 15,000 to 20,000 range. Not sure
if single or twin engine is best, but prefer bravo drive. Blue or
green with camper enclosure. Needs to be in good shape.

*JimH*

"rozz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a sea ray sundancer 268 with trailer in the great lakes
area. Prefer 1988 or newer, in the 15,000 to 20,000 range. Not sure
if single or twin engine is best, but prefer bravo drive. Blue or
green with camper enclosure. Needs to be in good shape.

I do not believe there was an option for twins on that boat due to it's
small beam. The largest power package was a 7.4L V8 with an Alpha One
outboard.

Here is one for $13,500 in Chicago.

http://classifieds.aol.com/listing/d...ingid=A4309248

My dock neighbor had one (1986 model I believe) before he jumped into
something bigger and took me out on it once. It seemed to roll a bit and
the ride seemed a bit unstable. Perhaps that was due to the length vs.
narrow beam (8 feet I believe). Other than that it seemed like a solid
boat.

N.L. Eckert

Jim H wrote:
"rozz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Looking for a sea ray sundancer 268 with trailer in the great lakes
area. Prefer 1988 or newer, in the 15,000 to 20,000 range. Not sure if
single or twin engine is best, but prefer bravo drive. Blue or green
with camper enclosure. Needs to be in good shape.
I do not believe there was an option for twins on that boat due to it's
small beam. =A0 The largest power package was a 7.4L V8 with an Alpha
http://classifieds.aol.com/listing/d...gid=3DA4309248
My dock neighbor had one (1986 model I believe) before he jumped into
something bigger and took me out on it once. It seemed to roll a bit and
the ride seemed a bit unstable. Perhaps that was due to the length vs.
narrow beam (8 feet I believe). =A0 Other than that it seemed like a
solid boat.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
I spent a week aboard new 1986 268 SDA w/ a single 260 HP Mercruiser.
The performance was awful. It took forever to get up on plane with that
engine. I was really down on the model till I rode in another one with
a 330 HP engine. This one got up on plane quickly and rode very well.
And they do come with twin engines, there is one on a trailer about 6
blocks from my house. I don't know what power they would use, because I
agree that with the 8 1/2 foot beam, it would be crowded. In the mid
80s, Searay had a nice 4 cyl. engine that worked well with twins.
Fresh water cooled, too. About 4 years ago, I had a deposit on a 1989
SDA with the Bravo II 330 HP engine. The survey showed a saturated
transom, so I killed the deal, If you go to Boat Trader. com, you'll
find a lot of these boatss for sale in the SE Michigan area. The one I
was buying was being brokered by Colony Sea Ray in Algonac, MI. These
are good people to deal with and they might find the boat you want.

My only advice is to avoid one with the 260 HP engine, its way
underpowered.
Other than that, its a nice boat with a lot of room and still
trailerable.

Good luck and happy boating,
Norm