Default Oil reaches record $60 a barrel

That's:

Bad for Bush
Bad for the US
Bad for boating. :-(

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's:

Bad for Bush
Bad for the US
Bad for boating. :-(

I agree.

And what exactly did Bush have to do with this?

ed

Bush is reaping in $$ he is a major stock holder in the oil companies, so he
is happy to see the price go up. Why do you think he hasnt put more interest
in alternative fuel ? It would cut down on his profits .

Ed
"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's:

Bad for Bush
Bad for the US
Bad for boating. :-(

I agree.

And what exactly did Bush have to do with this?

ed

Explain why he isnt pushing for more alternative fuels in the united states.
If he has our interest, one would think he wouldnt want our United States be
controled by foreign oil.

Ed

"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's:

Bad for Bush
Bad for the US
Bad for boating. :-(

I agree.

And what exactly did Bush have to do with this?

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...
That's:

Bad for Bush
Bad for the US
Bad for boating. :-(

Harry doesn't care about #2 and #3 as long as #1 is true.

It's bad for Bush because the public will develop an unfavorable opinon
of any politician leading the country when energy prices
go way up. While Bush isn't going to stand for reelection in 2008
(unless somebody amends the Constitution to declare him "Emperor"), the
Repubs will be counting on him to stump for
RW candidates in the mid-terms next year. I imagine that many Repubs
are nervous about eroding public confidence in GWB.

It's bad for the US because increased energy prices stimulate
inflation, usually followed by restrictive monetary policy, increased
government deficits, etc.

It's bad for boating for obvious reasons. I spoke to a broker friend
yesterday who reported he literally can't (almost) give away a nice
boat with twin 454's. "People ask me how much gas it burns, I tell them
about 50 gallons an hour, they start multiplying by $3 a gallon and
they're gone, gone, gone." Family budgets stretched farther than ever
to purchase gasoline for family cars and to pay for home heating oil
have fewer "left over" dollars for something expendable- llike a boat.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

No one ever argued this was not bad for boating, bad for car owners or bad
for Bush.

The point is....how is this Bush's fault?

The ignorant will blame Bush.....thus the "Bad for Bush" mentality.

The educated know better.

ed

Dont know what you have been reading but he has done the least of all
presidents.
"*JimH*" wrote in message
He has.

Now answer my questions.