Largo

Default July 4th paddle in NW ?

Hi
where to go fla****er paddling to escape crowds and enjoy beautiful
scenery, calm and warm waters in Northwest ? Also, this will be my
wife's first solo paddling, so water has to be very calm

thanks
Luke
Largo

I was thinking of all of Oregon, Washington, N. California and
southern BC/Alberta.
8-10 hr drive from Portland would be no problem.
Because this will be my wife's first paddling trip, we would prefer
lakes with no power boats. I was thinking of the Bowron Lake Trail...
thanks

Luke
BCITORGB

The Bowron lake trail would be MORE than 8-10 hours from Portland
(perhaps 10 hours from Vancouver, BC).

Isn't this a bit much for someone's first paddling trip? I haven't done
it, but it seems a tad on the long side -- 116 km.

Largo

Distance isn't a problem if you have time and there are no large waves
on lakes. I wonder about the portages... I paddled some rivers, where we
had to carry boats for up to 100 yds but some of these trails
descriptions mention 2 km ! I hope this was an error

Luke

Melissa wrote:

Hi BCITORGB,

On 27 Jun 2005 17:19:35 -0700, you wrote:

Isn't this a bit much for someone's first paddling trip? I haven't
done it, but it seems a tad on the long side -- 116 km.

I agree, but I assumed they were just thinking about a nice place for
a day paddle or two; wouldn't have to be planning on paddling the
entire circuit! :-)

- --
Melissa

Bill

Here is a link to the Bowron Canoe Circuit.
http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...pgs/bowron.htm
If you are thinking of going, it's good place to start.

Bill