Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Replacing Power Head

Greetings,

I am looking to purchase a my parents boat as they don't have much of a
use for it anymore. It is a 1995 Bayliner with a 120HP Force. One
thing I know that needs to be done is the power head needs to be
replaced. I can get the power head for $1600. I don't think that is a
bad deal. The part I am most concerned about is the replacement of the
power head. I have one quote from someone who tells me it could be 40+
hours of work. Granted, this quote comes from a hobbyist and the price
per hour is ~$40/hour. I am not sure what the labor for replacement
might normally cost from a marina. Naturally if the price was the same
I'd probably be more inclined to take it to a marina. I am just
curious if anyone has had any particular experience with this. In
particular if you live in or near Minneapolis, MN.

I am looking for some suggestions or advice based on past experiences
or personal knowledge.

Thanks much!

-C