Jim

Default ( OT ) Beyond Apologies (A Coalition Of Nine Human Rights Groups)

http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/10359

Extract

For the past year and a half, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post,
USA Today, Newsday, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, The Christian
Science Monitor and other leading newspapers have repeatedly quoted unnamed
U.S. intelligence officials boasting about the use of torture and other ill
treatment of prisoners. Numerous detainees have been killed or attempted
suicide in custody in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo Bay, prompting
unprecedented expressions of concern by the International Committee of the
Red Cross; suspects have been turned over to the foreign intelligence
services of countries, such as Syria, with records of brutal torture; the
ICRC has also specifically expressed concern about conditions at Abu Ghraib
prison in Iraq; and now, the U.S. military's own inquiry has found "systemic
and illegal abuse of detainees" at Abu Ghraib.

This pattern of conduct has caused extraordinary damage to the cause of
human rights around the world, as well as to the United States and to its
ability to conduct foreign policy successfully, from Iraq to the global
campaign against terrorism.

Harry Krause

Jim wrote:

[...]

Repugs don't care about that...just ask Happy Toof
NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

[...]

Hey, dat's me! Yeah, Harry's right...I don't care what the World thinks.
If torturing those guys saved one American life, then it was worth it.

-rick-

"NOYB" ...

Hey, dat's me! Yeah, Harry's right...I don't care what the World thinks.
If torturing those guys saved one American life, then it was worth it.

If your son or daughter were captured would you accept reciprocity.

-rick-

NOYB

"-rick-" wrote in message

"NOYB" ...

Hey, dat's me! Yeah, Harry's right...I don't care what the World

thinks.
If torturing those guys saved one American life, then it was worth it.

If your son or daughter were captured would you accept reciprocity.

The enemy has already demonstrated how they treat (mistreat) hostages. Do I
need to link you to the pictures? They're still pretty vivid in my mind.

Instead it killed an American Civilian... A man in Iraq for no other reason
than to help rebuild, to make life better for Iraqi people...

No, the Iraqi didn't kill him, he was killed by the real enemy, the ones we
are supposed to be at war with... He was killed by al-Qaida...

An American killed, his head cut off. His body left alongside a bridge in
Baghdad.

Saved 1 American life... No, it caused an innocent to die.

You flipping right wing jack asses seem to think we should go to any means
to complete the fantasy your leader has, yet it is costing innocent lives.
American Innocent, Iraqi Innocent, it doesn't matter, it has to stop.

Nick Berg from Pennsylvania.... Remember that name as you praise the people
that torture.
His mother - Suzanne
His Father - Michael
His Sister - Sarah
His Brother - David

Remember these 5 names as you praise the work of the current administration,
remember them as you open your eyes to see the failed policy, the needless
deaths.

It must end, America must withdraw, the killing must come to an end.

Jim wrote:

http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/10359

Hey, dat's me! Yeah, Harry's right...I don't care what the World thinks.
If torturing those guys saved one American life, then it was worth it.

John H

Jim wrote:

http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/10359

Hey, dat's me! Yeah, Harry's right...I don't care what the World thinks.
If torturing those guys saved one American life, then it was worth it.

Don't forget the 3000 from 9/11. Or are they forgotten now? Or maybe that was
because of Bush too? Weren't we "withdrawn" then?

Yup, it's our fault. Bull****.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/h...0405120104.htm

"My name is Nick Burg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Susan,"
the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live
in ...Philaphedelia."

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and
putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off,
shouting "Allahu Akbar!" "God is great." They then held the head out before the
camera.

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the
U.S. administration to exchange this hostage with some of the detainees in Abu
Ghraib and they refused," one of the men read from a statement.

"So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and
others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything
from us, but coffins after coffins ...slaughtered in this way."

Note the "rationale" for this beheading. The word "retribution" was added by the
American media.

Yet you show no anger, except towards the American government. Freedom is a
bitch, isn't it?

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

John
You right winged jack ass, September 11, 2001 was done by al-Qaida... What
does that have to do with an unjust war in Iraq?

Not a freaking thing.

Yes we lost almost 3000 that day... Go to war against those that caused that
day to happen, not against the people of Iraq.

It is clear, by the name of the suposed man involved with Saturday's
travesty that al-Qaida is the enemy.

al-Qaida is the one trying to kill Americans
al-Qaida is the one killing innocent Americans
al-Qaida is the one we are at war with

America wouldn't negotiate with these criminals, America wouldn't do
anything to help save this mans life, America thought him to be expendable.

Not my America, only yours. My America would have taken the time needed to
find where this man was, then mow down the full lot of them including the
prisoners they wanted released.

My America would have brought this man home safe.

I'm not sure what America you live in, but I want nothing to do with any
America that thinks any AMERICAN is expendable.

Remember these people, as they deserve to be remembered... They have paid
the ultimate price for you to sit on your right winged ass and say they
aren't worth it.

Nick Berg from Pennsylvania.... Remember that name as you praise the people
that torture.
His mother - Suzanne
His Father - Michael
His Sister - Sarah
His Brother - David

Remember these 5 names as you praise the work of the current administration,
remember them as you open your eyes to see the failed policy, the needless
deaths.

It must end, America must withdraw, the killing must come to an end.

I pity you

"John H" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:31:55 GMT, wrote:

Don't forget the 3000 from 9/11. Or are they forgotten now? Or maybe that

was
because of Bush too? Weren't we "withdrawn" then?

Yup, it's our fault. Bull****.

Note the "rationale" for this beheading. The word "retribution" was added

by the
American media.

Yet you show no anger, except towards the American government. Freedom is

bitch, isn't it?

John H

NOYB

wrote in message
ink.net...
Instead it killed an American Civilian... A man in Iraq for no other

reason
than to help rebuild, to make life better for Iraqi people...

No, the Iraqi didn't kill him, he was killed by the real enemy, the ones

we
are supposed to be at war with... He was killed by al-Qaida...

An American killed, his head cut off. His body left alongside a bridge in
Baghdad.

Saved 1 American life... No, it caused an innocent to die.

Which pictures caused the four guys to be hacked up in Fallujah? Which
pictures caused Daniel Pearl's head to be cut off? Those events happened
long before the Abu Ghraib incident. You're a jackass if you think the Abu
Ghraib pics caused Nick Berg's death.

Radical Muslims want us dead. The argument that our troop's actions are
creating new radical fundamentalists each day is ridiculous. If Islam is a
peace-loving religion, a few hundred pics of naked Iraqis isn't going to
turn the moderates into radicals. There are no moderate, peace-loving
Muslims...which makes it easy to decide who gets bombed next.

(OT) Some in Bush's 'coalition of the willing' are suddenly losingtheir will Jim General 0 March 19th 04 01:35 PM
Gotta fit this boat in garage, 3" to spare in width. Doable as a practical matter? Mitchell Gossman General 11 February 3rd 04 06:21 AM
Bush and Human Rights bb General 3 July 14th 03 07:39 PM
Just How Safe Do You Feel? Doug Kanter General 34 July 13th 03 06:14 PM