Don

Default Why Abolishing Government Would Not Bring Chaos

Yes, you're drunk.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Excuse me John, I meant to say:

John, Don't confuse Don with facts.

"John Smith" wrote in message
Don,
Don't confuse Don with facts.

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
Why Abolishing Government Would Not Bring Chaos

All that's been done here is to replace a single government with

dozens
of
smaller overlapping and intertwining governments, depending on the
interests involved.

If you'll still have criminals that require private police, what

entity
promulgated the laws that define criminal behavior? Upon what

authority
will the private police will act, and who, exactly, constituted that
authority? What entity hired the private police?

No matter how much one may wish for a perfect world, the fact remains

that
if two or more people live together in a group or locale, there will

arise
collective needs and responsibilities that must be addressed. By

addressing
these needs and responsibilities you have created government, no

matter
what
other name you choose to call it. Everything from that point onward

is
simply arguing over style and technique.

Don

"John Gaquin" wrote
collective needs

The gist of your argument and the realization of a follower.
Does individuality, people making decisions for themselves, scare you?
Or do you prefer to be governed?

John Gaquin

"Don" wrote in message news:XnZkc.575

The difference is *opting out*, or did that elude you?
It is an important difference.
Educate yourself on what a *government* is.
Hint: It deals with *force*.

Simplistic notions for simplistic people. Lame, left-over ideas from those
who simply want to shirk responsibilities.

Don White

Sorry...I believe in the general idea of democratic government.
The trouble is...people who get elected tend to change for the worse once in
power. If we could just hold them more accountable for their
actions.......I think a lot of the problems could be resolved.

Don

"Don White" wrote in message

Sorry...I believe in the general idea of democratic government.

Why?

The trouble is...people who get elected tend to change for the worse once

in
power. If we could just hold them more accountable for their
actions.......I think a lot of the problems could be resolved.

But you can't hold them accountable, so now what?
Keep doing the same wrong things, over and over?
Doesn't anyone know how to think anymore?

Don

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message news:XnZkc.575

The difference is *opting out*, or did that elude you?
It is an important difference.
Educate yourself on what a *government* is.
Hint: It deals with *force*.

Simplistic notions for simplistic people. Lame, left-over ideas from

those
who simply want to shirk responsibilities.

Just as I suspected, it *eluded* you.
You deserve to be the slave you are. LOL

John Gaquin

"John Smith" wrote in message news:ceZkc.9049

John, Don't confuse Don with facts.

Don can't deal with facts. He spouts this high school drivel, then changes
the wording in your response, thinking he's being oh-so-clever. It never
dawns on him that far more lucid minds than his own thought this stuff
through 300 years ago and discarded it. Probably lives in a survivalist
camp somewhere.

Don

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"John Smith" wrote in message news:ceZkc.9049

John, Don't confuse Don with facts.

Don can't deal with facts.

Well, John, in two different topics you've managed to offer nothing at all
of substance.

He spouts this high school drivel, then changes
the wording in your response, thinking he's being oh-so-clever. It never
dawns on him that far more lucid minds than his own thought this stuff
through 300 years ago and discarded it.

Cite?

Probably lives in a survivalist
camp somewhere.

You live a majority of your life with no regard to gov't, John.
(though that option is fast disappearing)
Sort of a self enacted anarchy.
If smaller gov't is a good thing than it stands to reason the absence of
gov't is even better.
The fact is that gov'ts *force* others to do it's bidding, and the people
that believe in such a thing are guilty of a mob mentality lacking in
individuality.
Are you part of the mob, John?

John Gaquin

"Don" wrote in message news:TI7lc.613

He spouts this high school drivel, then changes
the wording in your response, thinking he's being oh-so-clever.

Cite?

Two of my previous posts, wherein you altered my words so you could
construct what you thought was a witty rejoinder.

If smaller gov't is a good thing .....

And it is.

than it stands to reason the absence of
gov't is even better.

Fallacious reasoning. No supportive data, no logical progression.

Calif Bill

"Don" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

Sorry...I believe in the general idea of democratic government.

Why?

The trouble is...people who get elected tend to change for the worse

once
in
power. If we could just hold them more accountable for their
actions.......I think a lot of the problems could be resolved.

But you can't hold them accountable, so now what?
Keep doing the same wrong things, over and over?
Doesn't anyone know how to think anymore?

No central country government, then you get the African and Middle East
tribal mentality. Afghanistan, Somalia, etc. Who is going to build your
cross country highway system, etc?