Capt Frank Hopkins

Default Touching home dock

Hi all,
We are back from North Carolina. Went outside all the way. Nice ride most
of the time but got a little bumpy once or twice. The new engine continues
to run like a new engine should. I was getting a little concerned with the u
joint on the outdrive, (getting noisey) so we put her in drydock in the
morning. The new parts are already installed, but they did not finish
bolting up the hydraulics and steering. That's ok, I needed to get some
fresh steaks at my favorite butcher anyway.

I hope to be back at the helm by tomorrow afternoon. Re-supplied, we are
headed to Crystal Glen, then on to Sanford, where we will rent a (gasp) CAR
and visit Universel Studios. On the way back, we will stay at silver glen
for a couple of days.

Equipment Update. New HONDA EU 3000 Generator is working really well. It is
quieter then the EU 2000. It makes all the juice we can use and then some.
It will run AC, charger, microwave, and stove burners all at the same time,
and have enough left over for the DVD player and lights too. I am also happy
with the JRC 1000 radar unit we installed to replace the one that was
stolen. It has an alarm that alerts you when someone violates your
adjustable "security" zone. Great for anchoring where possible traffic may
be encountered at night. Mostly I replaced the electronics with the same
units as the "old" ones, and that saved me a lot of time in rigging and
wireing.

Back in a few days!

--
Capt. Frank