Jay

Default waxing bottom...

So I've been reading through the old posts over the years about waxing
hulls. What I'm trying to clear up is, after time, does it keep the bottom
a bit cleaner... does it wear off right away....? Has anyone waxed, and
then pulled out their rig after a month or two and notice a cleaner
difference?

-j

Bill Kiene

Hi Jay,

I was given a real nice open 14' fibeglass skiff a few years ago.

I took it over to a recommended boat detailer in West Sacramento, CA,
Hallerman Marine. It was a little oxidized and they buffed it with a mild
compound and then waxed it. The boat shockingly looked like a new hull. I
bought a new traler and motor for it.

When I was first launching it, I was part way backed down the boat ramp and
stopped to take off the wench cable and the boat started slidding down the
trailer. I almost dumped the hole thing right there on the concrete. The
bottom is real smooth so it must go better and is easy to wash off.

I do think polishing/waxing the bottom(and top) of a boat is a good thing. I
also believe that you need to keep it covered too because the sun just 'eats
them up'.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

Aurora bottom wax Randy Ross General 0 April 2nd 04 04:32 AM
Supporting a boat's bottom on the hard... Harry Krause General 9 January 25th 04 10:39 PM
Help looking for a Bottom Line 220 Dual manual Rod Dahl General 0 November 5th 03 12:11 AM
white film on green bottom paint, running dditto General 1 August 18th 03 12:28 AM
Removing bottom paint... Rural Knight General 1 August 6th 03 02:03 AM