Jim Brinson

Default Where's the rain?

Harry, in addition to being in the marine business for many years I also
operated a lawn and garden business. What a scam! First we sold you
everything you would need to maintain a lush lawn; then we sold you
everything you would need to cut it.
I shocked that you have bought into this cycle. Boating seems to be a
much wiser way to spend your time.

Harry Krause wrote:

On the promise of rain today, I dethatched my lawn yesterday and dumped
fertilizer on about 70,000 square feet of yard. This, so I might have
the pleasure of cutting grass the remainder of the year.

So, where's the damned rain?

Who has it?

Don White

Harry Krause wrote in message

On the promise of rain today, I dethatched my lawn yesterday and dumped
fertilizer on about 70,000 square feet of yard. This, so I might have
the pleasure of cutting grass the remainder of the year.

So, where's the damned rain?

Who has it?

Not us...we had a dusting of snow last night.

John Smith

LOL, Harry had to give up on "my wife is smarter and my boat is bigger", now
all he has left to say, "my lawn is bigger and my neighbor has a more
expensive lawn mower". When will you learn Harry, no one cares.

Given Harry's track record, I would bet he lives in a condo and has no lawn.

Harry Krause wrote:

On the promise of rain today, I dethatched my lawn yesterday and
dumped fertilizer on about 70,000 square feet of yard. This, so I
might have the pleasure of cutting grass the remainder of the year.

So, where's the damned rain?

Who has it?

It's my bride. The last few weeks, I've been getting the "Aren't you
going to do something about that lawn...it's a disgrace."

My idea of a lawn is to cut the damned grass within 1" of the ground,
and spray it a nice shade of permanent green.

I did manage to bushhog a nice sunny area for some fruit trees I want to
plant, but after I did the work I realized that it was beyond the
distance where I could reach it with the well watering system. There is
a real farmer down the road with a watering trailer, though...

One of my neighbors just bought himself a John Deere 757, and my guess
is that it cost about $10,000. Damned fast; he's finished cutting while
I'm still stumbling around looking for the gasoline can.

Goats. The answer is goats.

jim--

"John Smith" wrote in message
LOL, Harry had to give up on "my wife is smarter and my boat is bigger",

now
all he has left to say, "my lawn is bigger and my neighbor has a more
expensive lawn mower". When will you learn Harry, no one cares.

Given Harry's track record, I would bet he lives in a condo and has no

lawn.

I found it interesting that he made a point of stating the square footage of
his imaginary lawn. Most people would have noted they fertilized the lawn
and left it at that....except of course those who are in dire need of
constant attention.

Harry Krause wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause

jim-- wrote:

I found it interesting that he made a point of stating the square footage of
his imaginary lawn. Most people would have noted they fertilized the lawn
and left it at that....except of course those who are in dire need of
constant attention.

Did you sell your lawn off, too, Dennis, or did you keep it?
John H

Harry Krause wrote:

On the promise of rain today, I dethatched my lawn yesterday and dumped
fertilizer on about 70,000 square feet of yard. This, so I might have
the pleasure of cutting grass the remainder of the year.

So, where's the damned rain?

Who has it?

Jim, first mistake is to believe the alleged yard really exists. Second is to
believe he fertilized the alleged lawn, especially when said fertilizer does
*wonders* for the bay close to which he lives.

Lastly, he doesn't give a damn about the topic.

Other than that, your's was a good post!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:58:12 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

On the promise of rain today, I dethatched my lawn yesterday and dumped
fertilizer on about 70,000 square feet of yard. This, so I might have
the pleasure of cutting grass the remainder of the year.

So, where's the damned rain?

Who has it?

We got an extremely hard few minute intense downpour Friday night.
I'm praying for an extended soft rain to wash all of this *^#$(*#&$
pollen away...

Well, it clouded over for a while, but so far, nary a drop. I know that
as soon as I set up the sprinklers, the downpour will start. After all,
I washed my car yesterday, too.

Charles

John Smith wrote:

LOL, Harry had to give up on "my wife is smarter and my boat is bigger", now
all he has left to say, "my lawn is bigger and my neighbor has a more
expensive lawn mower". When will you learn Harry, no one cares.

He certainly did drop the 'wife doctor doctor' thing like a hot potato, lol.

-- Charlie