Jim

Default ( OT ) There is no plan

Hearings continue in the House and Senate as lawmakers try to figure out how
the United States became mired in Iraq and why there still is no viable
strategy for victory. administration officials outlined a new process where
the United States would remain in firm control after the June 30 transfer,
but the details did little to reassure many. " There is no plan ," declared
Sen. John McCain, (R-AZ.).
(http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...3apr23,1,12121
58.story?coll=la-headlines-world) The country remains wracked with violence,
money is quickly running out and more American troops are needed. After a
briefing yesterday in which USAID administrator Andrew Natsios provided an
upbeat picture of the democracy efforts and Iraqi gratitude toward President
Bush, an "exasperated" Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) told him, " I feel like we
live on different planets ." Said Dodd, "We have got to have more security,
and we have got to have a stability plan. As bad as it is now, it could
really get a lot worse."
(http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...raq23apr23,1,6
858645.story)

Doug Kanter

"Jim" wrote in message

Hearings continue in the House and Senate as lawmakers try to figure out

how
the United States became mired in Iraq and why there still is no viable
strategy for victory.

Just a thought:

1) Iraq was a place full of guns before we arrived.
2) America is a place full of guns now. Many of those guns are better than
the ones issued to the military, and their owners love to practice with
them.

If we were invaded, does anyone believe we would behave any differently than
the so-called "insurgents" in Iraq? :-) Why quit when you can get away
with just about anything you want?