Douglas St. Clair

Default Two Quick ?s...

Two quick ones...

1. I just dadoed up a couple of new teak rungs for the ladder off the back
of the boat. What's the best way to treat these? Just rub on some "teak
oil"?

2. Anyone know where to buy a nice-looking "Blower Warning Label"? I just
spent three weeks building and finishing a new dash, and the last thing I
want to throw on there is a cheesy yellow plastic warning label. Stainless
steel would be nice. I don't mind being safe, I just want to do so in style

Harry Krause

Douglas St. Clair wrote:

Two quick ones...

1. I just dadoed up a couple of new teak rungs for the ladder off the back
of the boat. What's the best way to treat these? Just rub on some "teak

Teak oil is fine. You have to keep applying it during the season.

oil"?

2. Anyone know where to buy a nice-looking "Blower Warning Label"? I just
spent three weeks building and finishing a new dash, and the last thing I
want to throw on there is a cheesy yellow plastic warning label. Stainless
steel would be nice. I don't mind being safe, I just want to do so in style

=

Call a name plate shop and have it engrave a nice plastic laminate or
metal label on its pantograph machine.
____m___~ΏΤ___m____

Douglas St. Clair wrote:

2. Anyone know where to buy a nice-looking "Blower Warning Label"? I
just spent three weeks building and finishing a new dash, and the last
thing I
want to throw on there is a cheesy yellow plastic warning label.
Stainless
steel would be nice. I don't mind being safe, I just want to do so in
style

Find a place that makes Trophy's and Awards.
--
__________m___~ΏΤ___m____________________________
Lee Yeaton

"Douglas St. Clair" wrote in message
Two quick ones...

1. I just dadoed up a couple of new teak rungs for the ladder off the

back
of the boat. What's the best way to treat these? Just rub on some "teak
oil"?

I never had good luck with teak oil, it doesn't last long.

I use Sikkens Cetol. I prefer Cetol Light. Two to three coats followed by
two to three coats of the gloss. I did this to my teak steps in May of 2003
and they still look great. I bet I won't have to redo them until next year.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com

the boats of rec.boats
www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

rec.boats merchandise
www.cafeshops.com/recdotboats

Quick Prop Question M.E. General 10 August 2nd 03 03:53 AM
Help with Quick Repower megabite General 0 July 18th 03 12:36 AM