John Smith

Default Are Bu****es hoping for pre-election attack here?

Harry, in response to another post, you said "Doubtful. My wife is a
licensed psychotherapist. She deals with losers like you all day long."
http://www.google.com/groups?q=my+wi...ls.com&rnum=55

Since a psychiatrist is the only mental health profession that is required
to obtain a medical degree from a school of medicine or or osteopathy.
While some psychiatrists will use psychotherapy in their practice, no
psychiatrists would ever call themselves a licensed psychotherapist.

It appears that your wife profession is as imaginary as your Lobster Boat.

According to Mental Health Channel, a psychotherapist interacts with
patients to initiate change in the patient's thoughts, feelings, and
behavior through adaptation. Psychotherapists provide treatment in
individual and group settings. A licensed psychotherapist obtains a master's
degree or doctorate in a chosen mental health field, undergoes a supervised
clinical residency, and is licensed, certified, or registered by a
government or psychological agency to which they are accountable. Licensed
professionals who practice psychotherapy include the following:
a.. Psychiatrists
b.. Registered psychiatric nurses
c.. Clinical social workers
d.. Marriage therapists
e.. Family therapists
f.. Clinical psychologists
Drug and alcohol counselors, ordained priests, ministers, and rabbis may
practice psychotherapy without a license. In some states, a person with a
master's degree in education or psychology may also practice psychotherapy
without a license.
Types of Psychotherapy
Psychotherapists use the following techniques to treat various psychological
conditions and situations:

a.. Behavioral therapy (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational
enhancement therapy, controlled exposure with response prevention)
b.. Biofeedback
c.. Interactive group therapy (e.g., family therapy)
d.. Meditation
e.. Relaxation training
f.. Self-help groups
g.. Psychodynamic therapy
It looks like your wife is as imaginary as your lobster boat.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
basskisser wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

nk.net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

RICE: 'TOO GOOD TO PASS UP'

WASHINGTON - The United States is bracing for possible terrorist

attacks
before the November presidential election, National Security Adviser
Condoleezza Rice said yesterday.

Why is it you lefties, hate women, no respect. It was always Dr.

Kissenger,
not Henry, or Hank. But to you, it is Condi, Condoleezza, etc. Never

Dr.
Condoleezza Rice, or Dr. Rice.
Bill

Bush, and his cronies all call her Condi. Does that mean that THEY
don't respect women, and hate them? Have you ever thought that maybe
she PREFERS that moniker?

Poor Calif Bill is confused, as usual. It is the custom to refer to
medical practitioners who are doctors as "doctor," but not the custom to
refer to those who have doctorates as "doctor," unless you're in an
academic arena, or introducing an expert witness, or otherwise referring
to that person in some special, qualified way. Ms. Rice is appropriate,
Mr. Kissinger is appropriate, as is Dr. Rice or Dr. Kissinger.
Interestlingly, both enjoyed or suffered popularization of their names,
and Kissinger was assigned some unusual nicknames. Most of us called him
Dr. Strangelove, after the movie character who was patterned after Henry
himself.

My wife is a doctor, and she's also a candidate for a doctorate. Her
close colleagues have already nicknamed her "Doctor Doctor." At her
insistence, most of her patients call her by her first name. She's not
interested in maintaining that particular barrier.

Incidentally, I have great respect for Ms. Rice's intellect and
accomplishments, and I feel sad she sold her soul to the Republican
devil, and apparently has no misgivings about her now-deceitful
existence. But I feel sorriest for Colin Powell, an intellectually
honest man who must be going through a hellish soul-searching every day
because of the duplicity and stupidity of his boss.

jps

In article J%ahc.166348$gA5.1953603@attbi_s03,
says...
Harry, in response to another post, you said "Doubtful. My wife is a
licensed psychotherapist. She deals with losers like you all day long."
http://www.google.com/groups?q=my+wi...ls.com&rnum=55

Since a psychiatrist is the only mental health profession that is required
to obtain a medical degree from a school of medicine or or osteopathy.
While some psychiatrists will use psychotherapy in their practice, no
psychiatrists would ever call themselves a licensed psychotherapist.

It appears that your wife profession is as imaginary as your Lobster Boat.

I knew this attack was coming Harry. The right wing dweebs can't stand
that a lefty could be more successful in business and in life.

jps

John Smith

It is so funny to watch you squirm around when you are caught in a lie. If
she doesn't want to be considered a doctor, why does she have the licenses
on the wall? If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her licenses on
the wall. If she likes to consider herself a therapist and not a doctor,
why did you call her Doctor, Doctor? If her patients want to talk to a
therapist why doesn't she allow them to talk to a therapist instead of a
psychiatrists?

It is obvious that you are sliding down the slippery sloop of deceit.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.b4b17d0aa60c732655d187b9bf9f836c@108 2478843.nulluser.com...
jps wrote:

[...]

It almost always is humorous when one of the badly educated right-wing
losers here tries to make some universal truth out of something they
cannot even begin to understand.

In point of fact, my wife rarely refers to herself as anything more than
a therapist. Her degrees and licenses are on the walls of her office,
and speak for themselves. Often, my wife says, patients are
uncomfortable in a therapy atmosphere in which the therapist has placed
himself or herself on an academic pedestal. Psychiatric "rigidity" is
mostly passe these days. In fact, many psychiatrists these days are not
really engaged in therapy; they've become dispensers of meds. That's not
the kind of practice my wife wants.

She has a couple of licensed MSWs working for her. They're referred to
as "therapists," too.

Reality is almost always different from what right-wing numnutzs find on
web pages as their substitute for education or real life experience.

John Smith

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.8c82e894fe21988fd92179b5623c2386@108 2482793.nulluser.com...
John Smith wrote:
If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her

licenses on
the wall.

These are mutally exclusive to you, eh, dunderhead?

Nope, not to me, you are the one who stated she didn't want to be put on a
pedestal and did not want to be considered a doctor, she wanted to be
considered a therapist. I know many doctors who liked to be called by their
first name, but I have never heard of a doctor who wants to be considered a
therapist or anything less than he has study for. Anyone who would believe
that fantasy needs the help of a real doctor.

Tell us about your lobster boat.

Doug Kanter

"John Smith" wrote in message
It is so funny to watch you squirm around when you are caught in a lie.

If
she doesn't want to be considered a doctor, why does she have the licenses
on the wall? If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her licenses

on
the wall. If she likes to consider herself a therapist and not a doctor,
why did you call her Doctor, Doctor? If her patients want to talk to a
therapist why doesn't she allow them to talk to a therapist instead of a
psychiatrists?

Sit quietly and look out the window for a few minutes, OK? Calm down and
think. How long ago was it that there was a major stigma surrounding the
idea of going to a psychiatrist? It's not gone yet for many people. It makes
perfect sense for Harry's wife to call herself a therapist if she thinks her
clients will be more relaxed with that title.

1....2....3....4...5.........I don't sense any wheels turning. Let's try
using set theory to explain this, OK?

Many psychiatrists provide therapy (seeing clients, in other words), while
others do research.

Some therapists are psychiatrists. Some are not.

How's that?

Doug Kanter

John Smith wrote:
If she is performing her duties as a therapist, and is not
performing her responsibility as a doctor, she doesn't need her

licenses on
the wall.

These are mutally exclusive to you, eh, dunderhead?

Nope, not to me, you are the one who stated she didn't want to be put on a
pedestal and did not want to be considered a doctor, she wanted to be
considered a therapist. I know many doctors who liked to be called by

their
first name, but I have never heard of a doctor who wants to be considered

therapist or anything less than he has study for. Anyone who would

believe
that fantasy needs the help of a real doctor.

Interesting. I always address my excelent internist as Dr. Kerper. He always
corrects me and says "It's Bob". His diploma from Yale is hanging right on
the wall behind him the whole time. What's going on here?

John Smith

Can you imagine a spouse who would call their spouse who was a doctor a
paramedic?

Yes, in the past their was a major stigma for anyone to admit to have a
mental health problem, but that stigma covered all mental health providers.
Those who buy into the stigma do not feel any better having a mental health
problem or having to ask for help, if the provider is a doctor or a
therapist.

If you want to believe Harry's imaginary world, feel free.

Anyone who really wanted to verify if Harry's wife is a doctor would be able
to do a search of doctors in Maryland and see if their is a female doctor by
the name of Krause whose specialty is psychiatry. I would not bother
because I know it is a lie.

John Smith wrote:
[...]

Doug Kanter

"John Smith" wrote in message
Can you imagine a spouse who would call their spouse who was a doctor a
paramedic?

Yes, in the past their was a major stigma for anyone to admit to have a
mental health problem, but that stigma covered all mental health

providers.
Those who buy into the stigma do not feel any better having a mental

health
problem or having to ask for help, if the provider is a doctor or a
therapist.

If you want to believe Harry's imaginary world, feel free.

Anyone who really wanted to verify if Harry's wife is a doctor would be

able
to do a search of doctors in Maryland and see if their is a female doctor

by
the name of Krause whose specialty is psychiatry. I would not bother
because I know it is a lie.

You know it's a lie....how? Your research methods fascinate me.