Default fuel/oil mixture - 1973 evinrude

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:56:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:27:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 13:55:17 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

OK. I am confused. 50:1 means 50 parts gasoline to 1 part oil. Example: 50 liters of gas to 1 liter of oil.By my calculations 6 US gallons equals 22.7 liters. This means you should put about 0.45 of a liter of oil in to get a 50:1 mix.(Simply put - 100:2 or 50:1 or 25:0.5) Can someone tell me what I am missing?
Thanks

In the US we say you use 6 gallons of gas (48 pints of gas) with a
pint of oil so that is 48:1 (or 49:1 in the final volume) but in
either case, close enough for a mixture that was arbitrarily chosen in
the first place.

I like the little bottles that say. "mix the contents of this bottle with one gallon of gasoline for 40:1 ratio" Takes all the guess work out of figuring "parts"

Just be aware they are not full. Don't just fill them up and dump it
in. I think a full bottle is 32:1 and they short fill them for leaner
mixes.
I have some of those bottles with a little compartment at the top. You
squeeze the oil up into the top compartment and dump it in. It is the
right amount of oil for a gallon of gas.
One is 32:1, the other 50:1. That takes care of all of the yard tools
I have.
It has been a real long time since I used premix in an outboard, my
Merc 75 had injection but when I had the 1974 era 40 I used the pint
cans. I bought them by the case.

Thank the Lord..
Our 2 stroke vs 4 stroke motor oil expert has spoken. Now we can move on.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 09:56:51 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Thank the Lord..
Our 2 stroke vs 4 stroke motor oil expert has spoken. Now we can move on.

Thanks, Don!

True North wrote:
Thank the Lord..
Our 2 stroke vs 4 stroke motor oil expert has spoken. Now we can move on.

Still can't quote a thread? Try harder.

Is there oil port and if so where and it says use premium gas with 50:1
Tim Tim is offline

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 1:34:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Is there oil port and if so where and it says use premium gas with 50:1

Not on a '73 anything two-stroke that Ive ever seen You're better mixing 30 or 40:1 with an old outboard and use premium fuel. I've seen too many scored chainsaws and weed eaters because someone tried to stretch the limits on 50:1/ even with the finest synthetic lubricants, there's no room for error at that rate. Best to mix thicker to the engines specs, than to read some wild claim of an oil manufacturer.

evinrude 2+4 & 2 stroke oil question Clams Canino General 3 September 28th 03 01:28 PM
Evinrude Model Year? DJ General 2 September 13th 03 09:35 AM
evinrude 4 HP 2 cyl runs rough Jan General 6 August 5th 03 10:27 PM
Help, Evinrude Fleetwin engine problems Guy Noir - private eye General 0 July 20th 03 04:40 AM