Harry Krause

Default Some OT good news!

John H wrote:

Can't believe I'm catching so much heat from bb, Don White, and of course, that
paragon of intellectual integrity and acumen, Harry Krause. So, I decided to
post a little animal story to cheer up everyone.

Y'all have a super day!

Society for Animal Welfare Opens in Baghdad With Soldiers’ Help

by Spc. Chad D. Wilkerson, 372nd MPAD

BAGHDAD, Iraq – The Coalition forces’ contributions to the nation of Iraq are
focused toward improving the lives of its citizens. In some cases, however, the
benefits are not limited only to humans.

Ahhh, Comical Ali's cousin, Jocular John, strikes again, with more
propaganda straight from the military.

John H

Can't believe I'm catching so much heat from bb, Don White, and of course, that
paragon of intellectual integrity and acumen, Harry Krause. So, I decided to
post a little animal story to cheer up everyone.

Y'all have a super day!

Society for Animal Welfare Opens in Baghdad With Soldiers’ Help

by Spc. Chad D. Wilkerson, 372nd MPAD

BAGHDAD, Iraq – The Coalition forces’ contributions to the nation of Iraq are
focused toward improving the lives of its citizens. In some cases, however, the
benefits are not limited only to humans.

With the help of military personnel from 1st Armored Division and V Corps and
funding from the 22nd Signal Brigade, Iraqi veterinarians cut the grand opening
ribbon at the Iraqi Society for Animal Welfare in central Baghdad Jan 21.

The society, made up of military and civilian veterinarians and ministry
officials, was formed to address the growing need for animal control in Baghdad.

“It is the first of its kind in the country,” said Capt. William Sumner, arts,
monuments and archives officer for the 354th Civil Affairs Brigade, an Army
Reserve unit from Riverdale, Md., part of Task Force 1st Armored Division. “The
society will provide services similar to our Humane Society in the U.S.”

Sumner said the studies of Iraq’s canine population revealed startling results.
Because one litter of pups can multiply into 69,000 dogs within one year, the
dog population in Iraq could cause problems on a national scale if left
unchecked.

“Diseases like leishmaniasis and rabies are problems related to dogs and pose a
real threat to Iraqis,” said Sumner. “Our organization will be able to begin
addressing these kinds of animal issues.”

The Iraqi Society for Animal Welfare will aid in providing solutions to problems
like canine overpopulation and disease control. It will also provide adoption
and spay and neuter programs, he said.

Until recently, cultural taboos involving animal care in Iraq restricted
progress and awareness. Dr. Farah Murrani, assistant director of Baghdad Zoo and
director of the Iraqi Society for Animal Welfare, is an English-speaking Iraqi
veterinarian who joined the zoo staff last spring and acted as a liaison between
Iraqi zoo workers, U.S. Army veterinarians and civil affairs Soldiers.

Murrani’s willingness to touch and treat “unclean” animals, and her heartfelt
desire to aid her country, made her a prime candidate to lead this new animal
care center, Sumner said.

“I am a veterinarian, so I am doing what I know how to do in order to help the
people of Iraq and aid the reconstruction,” said Murrani.

Sumner, whose experience with zoo planning and operations allowed him to play an
important role in the establishment of the new animal welfare organization, said
the society’s formation is a first step toward a safer and animal-friendly
country.

“This is the first step in establishing an animal control program here in
Baghdad. We hope it will extend throughout Iraq,” said Sumner. “The society is
designed not only to help prevent animal cruelty, but to raise the overall
awareness of the public for animals in Baghdad.”
************************************************** **************

I know this will pizza bunch pipel off, but them's the brakes!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
John H wrote:

Can't believe I'm catching so much heat from bb, Don White, and of

course, that
paragon of intellectual integrity and acumen, Harry Krause. So, I

decided to
post a little animal story to cheer up everyone.

Y'all have a super day!

Society for Animal Welfare Opens in Baghdad With Soldiers’ Help

by Spc. Chad D. Wilkerson, 372nd MPAD

BAGHDAD, Iraq – The Coalition forces’ contributions to the nation of

Iraq are
focused toward improving the lives of its citizens. In some cases,

however, the
benefits are not limited only to humans.

Ahhh, Comical Ali's cousin, Jocular John, strikes again, with more
propaganda straight from the military.

Actually Harry, you must be Comical Ali's brother. Another lying PR Flack!