Jim

Default Bad day at the office

Something forwarded to me -- can't attest to accuracy, but makes a good
story

Hi Sue, Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I
had a bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at
work, so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize
it's not so bad after all.

Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first must bore you with a
few technicalities of my job. As you know, my office lies at the bottom of
the sea. I wear a suit to the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the
water is quite cool. So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel
powered industrial water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the
water out of the sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then
pumps it down to the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air
hose. Now this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times
with no complaints.

What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is take the hose
and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. .This floods my whole suit with
warm water. It's like working in a Jacuzzi. Everything was going well until
all of a sudden, my butt started to itch. So, of course, I scratched it.
This only made things worse... Within a few seconds my butt started to
burn. I pulled the hose out from my back, but the damage was done. In agony
I realized what had happened. The hot water machine had sucked up a
jellyfish and pumped it into my suit. Now, since I don't have any hair on
my back, the jellyfish couldn't stick to it. However, the crack of my butt
was not as fortunate. When I scratched what I thought was an itch, I was
actually grinding the jellyfish into the crack of my butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His
instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other
divers, were all laughing hysterically. Needless to say I aborted the dive.
I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water Decompression stops
totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin my
chamber dry decompression. When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing
nothing but my helmet. As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with
tears of laughter running down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told
me to rub it on my butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the
fire out, but I couldn't poop for two days because my butt was swollen shut
So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much worse
it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt. Now repeat to
yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job"
Bob Pasch Director of Maintenance -- Jim