Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Gary Warner

Default Combination GPS & VHF -- Anyone used it??

In the newest West Marine flyer there is a unit that is a combination
handheld GPS & VHF. When I was looking for these I couldn't find one so I
bought a GPS. That will have to do for now.

But I thought that the combo would be great for me. I want to have both on
board, but as I'll usually be fairly close to land, often in lakes or
rivers, neighter is critical. I figured one unit would be easier in that:
Only one to carry, remember, charge batteries for, be able to plug in on the
boat, and takes less room.

So, anyone used this (or other) combo unit??

Uniden. Mystic Handheld Mapping GPS & VHF. $399.99

Gary