Ðon ßailey

Default Jetskier's

They serve absolutely no purpose and they need to be taken
outside and shot.

Have a nice day.

db

CIFRA1

There are already outside....just shoot 'em
Steve

PIII-550E
Abit BE6-II
256mb Ram
ATI AIW 128 32mb AGP
PCI 1-open
PCI 2-SB Live X-Gamer
PCI 3-open
PCI 4-SIIG AP-40 UW SCSI
PCI 5-open
ISA-USR 56k Modem
Maxtor 30gb ATA66 IDE 1 (M)
Maxtor 8.4gb UDMA33 IDE 2 (M)
CD & CD-RW
Michael Sutton

"Ðon ßailey" wrote in message ...
They serve absolutely no purpose and they need to be taken
outside and shot.

I think we should allow them, but only if the jet-ski
drivers are required to wear jackets with bull's eyes on them.
CraigM

And your boat serves a purpose greater than a jetski?
Maybe, if you include taking 30 minutes at the launch ramp to get ready
while sitting in the ramp and sitting in marked channels.

"Ðon ßailey" wrote in message
They serve absolutely no purpose and they need to be taken
outside and shot.

Have a nice day.

db

Michael Sutton

"CraigM" wrote in message
And your boat serves a purpose greater than a jetski?
Maybe, if you include taking 30 minutes at the launch ramp to get ready
while sitting in the ramp and sitting in marked channels.

I'd have to say most people with boats don't block our ramp.
they have a nice area to pull into to prep your boat where I
live so you don't block the ramp.

The jet-skiers however seem to occupy the entire ramp
trying to back down 10 times and not jack-knife that little
trailer that can't be seen behind their SUV.

what I can't figure out is the parents who will drop off
2 13year old kids on a jet ski at the boat ramp only
to pick them up later. Would you let your 13 year old
out on the river/lake by themselves with a jetski that
will do 60mph? I'm surprised more haven't drowned.

I read something that the highest percentage of boating
deaths have a jetski/personal-water-craft involved.

noah

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:57:33 -0400, "Ðon ßailey"
wrote:

They serve absolutely no purpose and they need to be taken
outside and shot.

Have a nice day.

db

I wouldn't go that far, Don. Murder is a bit harsh. I wouldn't mind
putting a round through the jetski, though. )

More seriously, I do see a lot of dangerous/reckless behavior by
jetskiers. Not all, but enough to cause concern. I actually saw a
guy meet a ski boat with skier, and swerve in to jump the wake. At
the last minute, he saw the skier and swerved off, but not before he
scared the hell out of everybody (including himself). To be fair, I
have also seen dangerous/reckless behavior by boat operators, but not
as frequently.

Since they are more affordable than "boats", and are easy to store,
we're going to see more of them. Maybe operator's licenses are in
order, just like motorcycles.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
Steve Barker

In Missouri (and perhaps other states) an orange flag is to be displayed
anytime there is a person in the water with a given boat. This seems dumb
at first, but I can attest to the fact that a lot of times you don't see
that skier or tuber until you see that flag and look for them. I see the
orange flag policy trickling into Kansas also although it's not a law here.

--
Steve (here to have fun) Barker

Remove the not dot from my address to abuse my email box