Wilson

Default Less-Agile Passengers?

When I go with friends to the sandy beach on an
island off the Connecticut coast here, I take
them in my 22-foot Sea Ray power boat, anchor in
three foot of water, and we use a dinghy, (or we
scramble on and off the Ray, to wade ashore and
back).

In a month's time, I want to take a couple of
less-agile relatives with us, and I need a way
to assist them get from the Ray to the beach
and back.

As an indication of their present agility:
It's about ten years since they moored
their Islands 17, and rowed out in a dinghy to
scramble aboard and sail her.

They now keep the sailboat tied to a floating
dock in a marina for ease of access, and they
use it with the outboard only.

What solutions have people found for their
less-agile passengers to get on and off a
power boat in three foot of water, to get
to a sandy beach?

Wilson Pye

John H

On 11 Jun 2005 18:39:42 -0700, "Wilson" wrote:

[...]

I would drop the anchor and then pull/push the boat back until the stern was in
about 2 feet of water.

Put life-jackets on them, lower the ladder, let them climb down it (assisted)
and walk to shore. One of you should be standing in the water to help them off
the ladder. A helping hand may be necessary to help them get back on the ladder.

Then I'd pull the boat back out to the three feet (or whatever's safe for your
boat) level.

I'd pull the boat back in for the reboarding. You may find the hardest part is
getting them back *in* the boat.
--
John H

NOYB

"Wilson" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

http://www.pbs.org/odyssey/images/20050214_daily5_b.jpg

NOYB wrote:
"Wilson" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Your stupidity amazes me. Another poster who was decently and honestly
looking for advice, and you post that ****. You're an asshole, plain
and simple. And yes, you ARE simple.

NOYB

wrote in message
ps.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Wilson" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I thought you said that you don't partake in name-calling?

CAPT LOU'S TOP WEIRD NAUTICAL NEWS STORIES IN 2004 Capt Lou Cruising 0 December 28th 04 01:44 PM
( OT ) The great escape Jim General 0 March 11th 04 05:12 AM
Where are the passengers? Bertie the Bunyip ASA 2 August 23rd 03 02:50 AM
Unruly Passengers JaxAshby ASA 2 August 16th 03 03:15 AM