Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
seeray28

Default A couple of questions about Mercruiser Warranty

Hey all I just purchased a '05 Bayliner 175 with the Merc 135 engine. I have
a few questions about the warranty.

The engine doesnt like to idle in gear when it cold after warmp its fine,
Should I just let it run for a few minutes to warm up or is there an
adjustment at the choke that I can do, if I do make an adjustment will this
screw with the warranty.?
( the only thing Im worried about on the warranty is the outdrive and the
electrical items on the engine)

When the throttle is at 3/4 and the boat planed out the revs are at 4500
rpm. can I put a 23 pitch prop on with out messing with the outdrive
warranty?

Last but not least. This boat has a 21 gallon fuel tank. at 3k rpm its
burning about 5 gallons an hour. does this sound about normal? if so are
there any acceptable safe ways of carrying an extra 5 gallons on gas so that
I can extend my drive time.
All in all this is a great little boat. decent speed good handling nice
ride, its just a wee bit spartan ( no radio yet and not much in ways of
storage) . But its nice to know that when we head down the river we stand a
95 percent chance of heading back up under our own power

thanks for any and all replies
Steve