*JimH*

Default Perch and Walleye Report for Lake Erie

Looks like I have to hitch a ride for some walleye fishing this spring:

"We are now realizing the benefits of very conservative harvests on
lake-wide walleye fisheries over the past four years," said Steven A. Gray,
chief of the ODNR Division of Wildlife. "The interagency effort to address
population declines in this popular game fish has paid off and now we are
seeing the greatest numbers of Lake Erie walleye since 1990."

Ohio's yellow perch quota is 5.4 million pounds of the lake-wide TAC of 11.8
million pounds. That amount is similar to last year's quota of 5.1 million
pounds.

"The yellow perch population is healthy and we are expecting another year of
fantastic perch fishing on Lake Erie," said Gray.

The daily bag limit for walleye between March 1 and April 30 is three fish,
increasing to six fish from May 1 through Feb. 28, 2006. A minimum length of
15 inches per walleye also remains in effect year round. The daily bag limit
for yellow perch is 30 fish year round with no size limit.

http://www.thefishwrapper.com/news/s...s/2127914.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

Walleye is fun to catch and delicious.....yellow perch is even better in
both categories.

*JimH* wrote:

Walleye is fun to catch and delicious.....yellow perch is even better in
both categories.

Agreed. We have an annual fishing trip to Lake Cumberland or Lake
Center Hill, and meet friends there from the Cleveland area, where my
neighbor used to live. One of the meals I look forward to on the
houseboat is fried Lake Erie perch. I don't think I've had anything
better than those little morsels!