almus

Well, I am convinced that the interrupt switch mechanism is perfect.
I now understand perfectly how it works.

I am now assuming that what occurs when I have
the difficult shifting is:

The engine does not throttle down correctly; it is staying
at ~2000rpm.

So even though the interrupt switch drops three cylinders,
the engine is still running way too fast for the load to be
off the shifting mechanism.

So what causes Ficht rpms to stay high?

Leaking fuel lift pump diaphram??

Faulty TPS??

Why would it not be consistent?

And how to diagnose it when it is intermittent?

Help!

-Almus

Shortwave Sportfishing

On 26 May 2005 09:36:32 -0700, "almus" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

Leaking fuel lift pump diaphram??

Are you getting an excessive amount of oil/gas in your engine pan from
the air baffle?

If so, the gas line may be leaking and it might be one of those
situational things. A friend of mine has the same FICHT I have and
had a really interesting problem in which the fuel line had a teeny
little split and it dumped fuel into the baffle which caused the
engine to do much the same as your describing.

The only other thing I can think of based on my limited experience
with FICHT engine repairs (~~ snicker ~~) is that the pump itself may
be hiccupping for one reason or another.

Sorry - can't do better than that.

Later,

Tom
almus

Tom,

Thanks for your info. I called Bombardier tech support. They are
actually pretty good to deal with; no wait on hold.
You get directly connected to technical folks.

They suggested that either
the fuel pump diaphragm was leaking (#1 possible cause)

or that the TPS was screwey (much less likely).

The leaking diaphragm would however make it run fast after
the engine was sitting...just the opposite of what I see.

I will check the fuel lift pump vacuum lines. If they
are full of fuel I will have my culprit, if not I will probably
button up the motor and go fishing.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On 26 May 2005 10:08:38 -0700, "almus" wrote:

Thanks for your info. I called Bombardier tech support. They are
actually pretty good to deal with; no wait on hold.
You get directly connected to technical folks.

They are terrific folks aren't they?

Glad you have an idea of the problem. Good luck with it.

Later,

Tom

Evinrude VRO questions Bob Electronics 3 December 1st 03 01:09 PM
1999 Evinrude 225 fuel flow prob?? Almus Kenter General 1 August 7th 03 08:32 PM