Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default mercuiser alpha 1 oil leak

I have an alpha 1 outdrive with oil leaking out of the small drain hole
on the starboard side. Not the "oil" drain hole. This hole is a
smaller drain hole on the opposite side from the oil drain and vent
holes and toward the front of the outdrive. With the outdrive in the
"trailer" position, this hole is pretty much the lowest point on the
gear housing. I think it is there to let water drain from the prop
shaft area when the outdrive is in the "trailer" position. Since oil
is coming out, does this indicate a bad prop shaft seal or an internal
seal inside the unit? I'm trying to figure out where to start and if
I'm even on the right track.

oil leak in my alpha 1 Tim Cruising 18 May 24th 05 04:10 AM
Antifreeze leak and boat leak Ree-Yees General 8 July 27th 04 12:18 AM
MERC ALPHA ONE OUTDRIVE LEAK gatt General 6 May 28th 04 03:08 PM
RFC/RFI: Aftermarket Alpha Outdrives Bob D. General 6 May 7th 04 03:36 PM
Topside Water Leak - where from? Brian Whatcott Boat Building 1 September 1st 03 04:21 AM