Stan Kardas

Default Rotted deck in a 1990 Sea Ray

I've got some soft spots in the floor of my 1990 Sea Ray. I plan to cut
into the floor to remove the rotted stuff and replace as needed. Does
anyone have any experience with this? I am kind of worried that the
stringers may also be rotted. Thanks.

Rich Stern

Even the big boats are made like crap!

Larry W4CSC

Larry, I am always amazed that an otherwise intelligent guy like you simply
must see the world in black and white. Quality comes in many shades of gray.

In effect, you are saying...

"Don't buy a Sea Ray because I've seen evidence that they may have experimented
with unusual materials. That means all problems on Sea Rays, past, present,
and future, will be related to this specific issue I have identified. Buying a
Sea Ray It will bring a pox upon your children, fiscal ruin upon your family.
You'll misplace your library card and your dog will get fleas. Whatever you
do, don't buy Sea Ray."

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people are out enjoying Sea Ray boats every
day, including you! How many ocean hours on the "crappy" little Sea Rayder
now? 800? 1000? More?

Next thing you know, Yamaha will supply 1200cc motors for a new Sea Rayder jet
boat, and you'll have something to complain about for the next ten years.

-- Rich Stern
www.nitroowners.com - The Nitro and Tracker Owners Web Site
www.mypontoon.com - The Pontoon Boat Web Site
www.fishingreportdatabase.com - The Fishing Report Database