JR_FXLR

Default Throttle only button stuck

Friend was launching- well ATTEMPTING to launch this morning. 1998 120hp
Force with Quicksilver throttle. Boat fired up, he gave it gas, but it just
sat there. Turns out the "throttle only" button won't pop out, and the motor
won't go in gear. We fiddled with it, but no luck. The crowd at the ramp was
split 50/50 on whether the problem was in the throttle or in the motor.

Any thoughts? This guy can barely change his own oil, so I think he'll be
taking it to a shop this week but I was just curious if anybody else had
ideas beforehand.

JR.

Del Cecchi

"JR_FXLR" wrote in message
om...
Friend was launching- well ATTEMPTING to launch this morning. 1998 120hp
Force with Quicksilver throttle. Boat fired up, he gave it gas, but it
just sat there. Turns out the "throttle only" button won't pop out, and
the motor won't go in gear. We fiddled with it, but no luck. The crowd at
the ramp was split 50/50 on whether the problem was in the throttle or in
the motor.

Any thoughts? This guy can barely change his own oil, so I think he'll be
taking it to a shop this week but I was just curious if anybody else had
ideas beforehand.

JR.

My money is on the control, a few hundred bucks and you are good to go.

Del Cecchi wrote:
a few hundred bucks and you are good to go.

Yes, it's ALWAYS a few hundred bucks or more when it comes to a boat!

Harry.Krause

On Mon, 16 May 2005 02:20:51 GMT, "JR_FXLR"
wrote:

Friend was launching- well ATTEMPTING to launch this morning. 1998 120hp
Force with Quicksilver throttle. Boat fired up, he gave it gas, but it just
sat there. Turns out the "throttle only" button won't pop out, and the motor
won't go in gear.

Put wd-40 on it.

Me and the wife
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harkra...bum?.dir=/1323