Butch Davis

Default Mobile Bay Fishing

Went out today to catch specks and reds. We got into the water a little
late at 7:30. Headed out to a reef and watched a couple of guys pulling in
specks like it was childs play. Naturally we caught a couple but it was
hard work as we had no live bait. We were fishing grubs and dead shrimp but
mostly grubs.

We moved a couple of times with only two more specks going into the cooler.

At the last spot we fished which is a new reef made of a sunken barge we
seemed to catch only catfish which we released. I hooked a cat (my first
fish of the day) and released it. Even managed to save the dead shrimp
bait. Dropped the bait back into the water and it was grabbed by a very
nice redfish. I use light tackle so it was a tussle to boat the fish. That
was such a nice fish it made my day even if it was my only keeper.

Redfish.... the most fun inshore species IMO.

Butch

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Fri, 13 May 2005 23:16:59 GMT, "Butch Davis"
wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

Redfish.... the most fun inshore species IMO.

Brings back fond memories of Venice, LA and fishing the canals for
redfish.

What a blast.

Later,

Tom