Butch Davis

Default A Day Fishing on Mobile Bay

Went out today with two buds to try for specks. Windy early out of the ENE
and about 40F degrees. Used live and dead shrimp and grubs. Grubs did
nothing. Live shrimp produced a few white trout, croakers, and sting rays.
Dead shrimp produced sheepsheads and finally some bull reds.

One amigo boated a nice 24 inch red. A few minutes later the other guy
hooked up with a big bull. His drag was singing away but he got the red
turned after a few minutes of work. Had the red almost to the boat when it
spit the hook. It was a beautiful fish too large to keep but would have
liked to boat it. Another few minutes and the other amigo hooked up with a
monster red. His drag was also singing and he was getting a case of thumb
blisters with that big boy. When his line parted it sounded like a .22 cal
going off in the boat.

Then things cooled way down on Mobile Bay so we ripped up the Fish River to
see if we could boat some specks. Fished the river for a couple of hours
and caught nothing but croakers and crabs.

Still the PM was much warmer and the river was not rough. We had a great
time, again.

Speck fishing has been poor since hurricane Ivan but we always remain
hopeful.

At least a few reds are hitting and they are nice sized, too. Most are just
too large to keep but they are great fun to engage.

Y'all come.

Butch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:54:27 GMT, "Butch Davis"
wrote:

[...]

Great day - thanks for the report.

I have got to get back down there and do some fishing for redfish.

Man, those were some fun, I'll tell you what.

Later,

Tom