Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Scott Shirley

Default Flooring Recomendations?

I have 1996 18; runabout that is starting to show some neglect from a
previous owner who left it uncovered. The flooring in the rear of the boat
and around the ski locker is getting pretty soft. What's the best way to
replace the flooring? Rip out the old carpet and flooring and replace with
marine grade plywood? Will there be a support structure left for me to place
the new plywood on? Is the old flooring tied in to the Hull somehow? Should
I just take the easy way out and lay a new sheet of plywood over the top of
the old flooring?

Thanks.