Default Massachusetts dealers/Marinas

Guys:

I'm about to upgrade power on my boat with a bigger, used outboard.
I'm considering using either Cape Ann Marine in Gloucester or Atlantic
Boats in Wareham, MA (they both have engines I am interested in). Can
anyone provide opinions on either one of these?

Joe

Thanks Tom.

The mechanic over at Cape Ann, jeff, was super helpful. He is on top
of all the details, and gave a good price. They engine they have is
actually my second choice, but I get a good feeling about them.

Eisboch

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote in message
On 10 May 2005 13:06:17 -0700, wrote:

Guys:

I'm about to upgrade power on my boat with a bigger, used outboard.
I'm considering using either Cape Ann Marine in Gloucester or Atlantic
Boats in Wareham, MA (they both have engines I am interested in). Can
anyone provide opinions on either one of these?

I can speak to Cape Ann - they are very good to deal with. I went up
there to check out the first Polar boats made by Godfrey Marine and
they could not have been more accommodating to a "just looking". They
took me out on two different models and gave me a tour of the shop.
They seem to be very customer oriented, knowledgable and on top of the
tech curve. I wouldn't be afraid of purchasing anything from them.

I only know Atlantic Boats by reputation and I have never heard
anything really awful about them. I've spoken to some of their reps
at various boat shows and they seem to know their stuff.

I might suggest Atlantic Outboards in Westbrook, CT.

http://atlanticoutboard.com/default.htm

I haven't dealt with them personally other than a console purchase
from Maritime Skiff for a boat I was tinkering with, but they have a
great reputation for both sales and service. They might have
something that you are looking for.

Good luck.

Later,

Tom

I purchased a small outboard at Atlantic Boats several years ago. The
experience was ok - not exceptional, but ok.

I'd also recommend Nausett Marine. I dealt with the Pocasset office in the
purchase of a Boston Whaler, engine and trailer package back in 2001. Of
all the boat dealers I've dealt with over the years, these guys were the
most professional and knowledgeable. They also build a custom boat line
that is well respected.

Eisboch

Eisboch

Forgot to offer the link:

http://www.nausetmarine.com/

Eisboch

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Wed, 11 May 2005 05:27:25 GMT, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Forgot to offer the link:

http://www.nausetmarine.com/

Those Nausets' are very nice boats.

I had a ride in a 25 CC (probably one of the only ones they've ever
made) and I was flat out impressed.

Later,

Tom