Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Camilo

Default '82 Johnson 235 HP - looper?

I don't have the s/n with me, but I've identified this engine as a 1982
Johnson 235. It was remanufactured by a professional company sometime
in the more recent past.

This question doesn't really matter, because the engine works fine, but
I'm curious. I've been lead to believe this is a cross flow engine
because OMC didn't build loopers in the V-6's until the mid-80s? I've
kind of oriented myself to looper vs. cross flow and see an obvious
difference is the surface of the piston: cross flow have a dome sort of
shape, while loopers are essentially flat. When I look through my
spark plug holes, the pistons appear dead flat.

Just curious.

OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM
johnson lower unit help Tom K General 0 March 4th 04 03:12 AM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
johnson, actually mercury Clams Canino General 7 October 15th 03 01:33 AM
Power lift retrofit for 48 HP Johnson? Rural Knight General 0 August 8th 03 07:30 PM