NOYB

Default Bush jokes about WMD as 500+ Die

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.deca2c9d77f8b7452528dd2033a32c53@108 0319459.nulluser.com...

The Bush-****ters go to war over WMD, see 500+ American soldiers killed
in Iraq, and then think it is a joking matter?

For once, we agree.

Doug Kanter

The White House and Republicans said Bush was merely poking fun at

himself.

What a tasteless friggin moron.

Gary Warner

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.deca2c9d77f8b7452528dd2033a32c53@108 0319459.nulluser.com...

Democrat House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday she
has treated the subject with respect and doesn't find it funny.

Except of course when she was laughing at the joke at the actual event.

Personally I think these matters are pretty subjective. It is NOT a funny
issue that
we have soldiers in a war and that many have died. And it is not funny that
the
president and his administration led us to war with false allegations of
WMDs.

But his joke - while not all that great - was ok. And, the president
ended the evening, so I see on the news, with a tribute to the soldiers. ~
know that I've joked and heard jokes said even in the worst of personal
times -
when I've done stupid & serious things, when I've been in accidents, when
myself or friends have been hurt, and even when people close to me have
died.

That doesn't in any way mean we don't care or don't take things serously. It
means we're human. ~~ I'm no fan of Bush, but picking on him for this is,
well,
Bush league. You want to pick on him choose any of the following:

+ Why did he lie to us about WMDs?
+ Why did he surpress the true cost of the medicare bill?
+ Why did he concentrate on Iraq insted of homeland defense or finding
BinLaden?
+ Why won't they give details of how their energy policy was formed?
+ Why does he say most of his tax cuts go to the lower income pepole what
that is not true?
+ Why does he support an amendment against gay marriage, the first amendment
that
would ever explicitly LIMIT the rights of individuals?
+ Why does much of his environmental policy NOT look like a balance of
environment and
industry but a clear giveaway to companies?
+ Where are those WMDs that they talked about and talked about and talked
about?
(Yes, it's a repeat, but, all jokes aside, this is a serious matter.)
+ Why did he and his administration foster the idea that Saddam was linked
AlQueda and terrorism when they had no evidence of it and were told
otherwise?
+ Why did he make allegations in a State of the Union speech that were
untrue?
+ Why do numerous ex-officials of his administration characterize him as
un-inqusitive
and his administration as one that already has their conclusions made
up and just
look for facts to back those conclusions?
+ What happened to "Compassionate Conservativism" and "No nation building"
?
(And don't tell me 9/11, because Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.)
+ Why does he continue to tout about his No Child Left Behind act but hasn't
fully funded it?
+ Why did he put the focus on Star Wars missile defence, Iraq, and the
relations with Russia
when the Clinton admistration told him the big issues were terrorism,
North Korea, and
the middle east peace process (Israel / Palistine). Oh, and note
that....in time...that proved
to be correct.

The people who want Bush out should be careful not to cry "wolf" on the
smaller things
like this "joke" or the "mission accomplished" banner and such. They run the
risk of no one
taking them seriously. And that would be a shame, because there are some
really GREAT
reasons to "git" them Bushists out of power.

Backyard Renegade

Yeah, but change for the sake of change? When asked yesterday, Kerrys
economic advisor said that Kerry would get the 10 million jobs by
making the economy raise as an average for 3-3.5% and that would
create jobs... When followed up with the fact that this was already
the case, the advisor immediately went onto the talking points, "Bush
has lost more Jobs...." but did not explain how his 3% growth was
going to be better than Bushes. This question was asked several times,
but never answered with anything but talking points, no solutions or
info. Did anyone see the speeches yesterday? Bush spent 45 minutes on
his record and future plans, Kerry spent the first half hour talking
about how bad Bush was then the next half hour telling us that he was
"gonna lay out a plan" but never said anything else...
Harry Krause

Backyard Renegade wrote:
Yeah, but change for the sake of change? When asked yesterday, Kerrys
economic advisor said that Kerry would get the 10 million jobs by
making the economy raise as an average for 3-3.5% and that would
create jobs... When followed up with the fact that this was already
the case, the advisor immediately went onto the talking points, "Bush
has lost more Jobs...." but did not explain how his 3% growth was
going to be better than Bushes. This question was asked several times,
but never answered with anything but talking points, no solutions or
info. Did anyone see the speeches yesterday? Bush spent 45 minutes on
his record and future plans, Kerry spent the first half hour talking
about how bad Bush was then the next half hour telling us that he was
"gonna lay out a plan" but never said anything else...

Bush's record sucks, and he has no plans.

McCann

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.deca2c9d77f8b7452528dd2033a32c53@108 0319459.nulluser.com...

Presidential Doofus strikes again...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Leading Democrats accused President Bush on Friday of
making inappropriate and ill-timed jokes about the hunt for weapons of
mass destruction in Iraq.

At the annual dinner of Radio and Television News Correspondents
Association on Wednesday, Bush showed photographs of himself in awkward
poses as he looked behind furniture in the Oval Office.

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere ... nope, no
weapons over there ... maybe under here?" Bush joked.

Laughter erupted from the crowd of journalists, politicians and their
guests during Bush's remarks. For years the dinner has featured
political and topical humor, most of it playful and barbed at times.

"This is a very serious issue," Democratic National Committee Chairman
Terry McAuliffe said Friday on ABC television. "We've lost hundreds of
troops, as you know, over there. Let's not be laughing about not being
able to find weapons of mass destruction."

"They're not there. That is the issue. We should not take it to a new
step to make fun of the situation," McAuliffe said.

Democrat House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday she
has treated the subject with respect and doesn't find it funny.

"I had thought that that was a little casual about a serious subject,
but now the president has made it open season," said Pelosi, who
attended the dinner.

The White House and Republicans said Bush was merely poking fun at

himself.

"The Democrats will go after anything," Republican National Committee
Chairman Ed Gillespie told ABC. "The fact is that this is the custom in
these things. Presidents have made jokes about very serious matters at
these dinners. You can hear the laughter, the people in the room
obviously saw the humor in it at that moment, and to play it back now in
a different context is unfair."

White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan said Thursday the president's
comments were meant to be light.

"It's traditional at events like this dinner for the president to poke
fun at himself," Buchan said.

The Bush-****ters go to war over WMD, see 500+ American soldiers killed
in Iraq, and then think it is a joking matter?

HARRY ! Did anyone tell you this is a BOATING Forum ?