McCann

Default Bush jokes about WMD as 500+ Die

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
news:c3dhc2g=.deca2c9d77f8b7452528dd2033a32c53@108 0319459.nulluser.com...

Presidential Doofus strikes again...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Leading Democrats accused President Bush on Friday of
making inappropriate and ill-timed jokes about the hunt for weapons of
mass destruction in Iraq.

At the annual dinner of Radio and Television News Correspondents
Association on Wednesday, Bush showed photographs of himself in awkward
poses as he looked behind furniture in the Oval Office.

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere ... nope, no
weapons over there ... maybe under here?" Bush joked.

Laughter erupted from the crowd of journalists, politicians and their
guests during Bush's remarks. For years the dinner has featured
political and topical humor, most of it playful and barbed at times.

"This is a very serious issue," Democratic National Committee Chairman
Terry McAuliffe said Friday on ABC television. "We've lost hundreds of
troops, as you know, over there. Let's not be laughing about not being
able to find weapons of mass destruction."

"They're not there. That is the issue. We should not take it to a new
step to make fun of the situation," McAuliffe said.

Democrat House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told reporters Thursday she
has treated the subject with respect and doesn't find it funny.

"I had thought that that was a little casual about a serious subject,
but now the president has made it open season," said Pelosi, who
attended the dinner.

The White House and Republicans said Bush was merely poking fun at

himself.

"The Democrats will go after anything," Republican National Committee
Chairman Ed Gillespie told ABC. "The fact is that this is the custom in
these things. Presidents have made jokes about very serious matters at
these dinners. You can hear the laughter, the people in the room
obviously saw the humor in it at that moment, and to play it back now in
a different context is unfair."

White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan said Thursday the president's
comments were meant to be light.

"It's traditional at events like this dinner for the president to poke
fun at himself," Buchan said.

The Bush-****ters go to war over WMD, see 500+ American soldiers killed
in Iraq, and then think it is a joking matter?

HARRY ! Did anyone tell you this is a BOATING Forum ?