LD

Default Fuel sloshing out vents, help! (solved)

For who's ever interested. I realized that about 18" forward of my existing
vent there was a 2" wide x 6" tall raised area of the gunwale. I purchased
a $17.00 "anti surge valve" from boaters world, 6' of hose and ran the vent
hose forward of the port tank and up, about 2' total. This allowed me to
position the anti surge valve at about 45 deg and come off the top, looping
down and back to the original side vent. Put in 15 gal in the 18 gal tank,
trailered and rode in the gulf--no sloshing! Nxt day put 3 more gal in the
port tank (full) and repeated. No sloshing or leaking down the side of the
boat whatsoever.
Thanks for the suggestions to all
LD

"LD" wrote in message
nk.net...
I only have about 3" from the top of the alum. fill and vent tubes (to
attach the hose to) before I reach the underside of the gunwale. The vent
hose currently does immediately take a bend coming out of the tank and

goes
down an inch or so to the fitting through the hull.

I think I may have found the answer on Perko's website--a combination
fill/vent with an anti-surge valve built in. I'm going to call them

Monday.
(crossing fingers!!)

LD

"MIDEMETZ" wrote in message
There use to be a product that you stuck to the side of the boat under

the
vent
opening while fueling. It would capture the spill. There is also a

whistle
thing that you can put in the vent line at the tank. It is suppose to

work by
whistling until fuel gets to it, I've never seen one but several people

swear
by them.

Why is there a problem with routing the vent hose above the vent opening

then
back down?

Mike

Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Why Ficht failed no1 K Smith General 53 January 26th 04 07:46 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM
engine paint in fuel system David Ward General 0 August 20th 03 04:20 AM
Inboard won't run above 2800 RPM John M Murphy General 2 August 18th 03 05:27 PM