Calif Bill

Default Make a political thread out of this one.

He said named after a place, not from "the Place"
Bill

"John Smith" wrote in message
Doug, Woodstock was in Woodstock NY, not Woodstock CT.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Hmmph. A typical note from a guy who lives in a town named after a place
that once hosted thousands of filthy hippy acid-heads for a disgusting
concert in the mud. You're too stoned to write! You're probably one of

those
Dems who was in Chicago in 1968, attacking innocent riot police.

--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all

here.
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in

message

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

Jim--

I heard that Krause organized the whole event and later took all the
performers on a ride on his $300,000 custom Lobster boat. They were the
only ones to ever see it and unfortunately they were too stoned at the time
to remember it. ;-)

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Butch Ammon

I heard that Krause organized the whole event and later took all the
performers on a ride on his $300,000 custom Lobster boat. They were the
only ones to ever see it and unfortunately they were too stoned at the time
to remember it. ;-)

Ha ha ha ha..... That was a good one! :-)

Actually, truth be known. I remember the original Woodstock (Max Yazgur's farm
in Bethel, NY). Okay, okay, so I was only 9 years old, but to this day, I can
vividly recall a bunch of bikers and hippies invading my family's 10 acre horse
pasture to camp out for the night! I would sneak outside and go hang out with
them. My older sisters would catch me and bring me back in the house before
someone tried to slip me some "purple microdots" or some kind of mushrooms or
something. Thank God for my older sisters, as they protected me from an
a$$-whoopin' that I knew I was gonna get from my dad. He was furious at the
bikers and hippies and couldn't do anything about it. Wow.... memories....

Butch Ammon
Don White

Calif Bill wrote in message news:mqq4c.35195

For the more'delicate' traveller..we recommend a summer visit.

And which of the 2 weeks is best?

Bill

We like to keep that quiet. I'll guarantee you pleasant weather from May
till October.
(hope you don't mind a little rain)

Lloyd Sumpter

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:25:43 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

Well, I'm going out this weekend in Far Cove - looks like the weather will hold.
They're predicting rising easterlies today, so it would be an easy run either
across to the Gulf Islands or up to Lasquitti. Unfortunately, if the easterly
holds, it would be a BITCH to get back from Lasquitti on Sun. They're predicting
a shift to Westerlies on Sun, but I don't know when...

There - that's as political as I get!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Doug Kanter

Thank you. I'm aware of that. I have family there. I said "named after".
This entire thread is a joke started by one of the more intelligent people
in this newsgroup. I'm sure he understood. :-)

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

Wayne.B

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:25:19 -0500, "Jim--" wrote:

Spent a week on Sanibel Island with my family. What a great place. We will
get back there someday.

===============================

Yes, it is a great place for sure. It's kind of in my boating "back
yard" these days. It's takes us about 35 minutes to get there
depending on exactly which manatee speed zones are in effect on any
given day. Just north of there is Captiva Island, Redfish Pass, North
Captiva, Cabbage Key and Useppa Island. North Captiva, Cabbage Key
and Useppa can only be reached by boat, and are all great spots as
well.

Don wouldn't be happy here however since it's not on his list of
recommended places. :-)

Wayne.B

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:00:50 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Wayne.B wrote in message
snip...
It would be much better to
take a winter vacation in Nova Scotia or the Cape Breton Islands,
especially given the long window of opportunity afforded by the
weather.

For the more'delicate' traveller..we recommend a summer visit.

And which of the 2 weeks is best?

========

Summer will be on a Thursday this year.

Don White

Wayne.B wrote in message
Don wouldn't be happy here however since it's not on his list of
recommended places. :-)

Not my list! The National Geographic Traveler is an American publication.
I just salute their good taste.

FredO

Hush, Doug, I hate to break it to you but Woodstock was in upstate NY.

Fredo

Kerry, IS the next PRESIDENT!!!!