del cecchi

Default LUND, Crestliner sold

For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

basskisser

"del cecchi" wrote in message ...
For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

Wonder if that will have an impact on the Lund quality? Kind of
reminds me of Brunswick taking over Harley-Davidson...that was a
dismal failure.
Doug Kanter

Hey...maybe my 14' Lund will become a collector's item. :-)

--
Do not respond to my Hotmail address. It's never checked. Post all responses
here.
"basskisser" wrote in message
"del cecchi" wrote in message

For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

Wonder if that will have an impact on the Lund quality? Kind of
reminds me of Brunswick taking over Harley-Davidson...that was a
dismal failure.

Mark Browne

Top posting adjusted

"del cecchi" wrote in message
For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

Wonder if that will have an impact on the Lund quality? Kind of
reminds me of Brunswick taking over Harley-Davidson...that was a
dismal failure.

"Mole" wrote in message
et...
Ummmmmmmmmmm...wasn't it AMF that took over Harley Davidson? I could be
wrong but somehow I remember it being AMF.

Right you are!

I worked with a draftsman to worked at Harley during the change.

Up 'till this point, the Harley workers "just knew" what to do to make
things work. As a result, every Harley leaked like a sieve, and replacement
parts never fit quite right.

AMF insisted that all parts be built to print. For two months, the could not
make a bike that worked. After they got through it an amazing thing
happened - they built bikes to print it, it worked, and held oil!

Say what you want about the AMF purchase, you can now see parked Harleys
without puddles of oil under 'em.

They still vibrate enough to put various body parts to sleep when you do
cross country riding. Give me a touring gentlemen's bike like a beemer any
day.

Mark Browne

Jack Redington

basskisser wrote:
"del cecchi" wrote in message ...

For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

Wonder if that will have an impact on the Lund quality? Kind of
reminds me of Brunswick taking over Harley-Davidson...that was a
dismal failure.

Didn't know Brunswick ever owned HD, But then i don't know everything.

Now AMF did if I recall correctly.

Capt Jack R..

trainfan1

Jack Redington wrote:

basskisser wrote:

"del cecchi" wrote in message

For those who missed it, Genmar sold their aluminum boat brands, Lund
and Crestliner, to Brunswick. Genmar is concentrating on Fiberglass and
their "revolutionary" VTEC process.

del cecchi

Wonder if that will have an impact on the Lund quality? Kind of
reminds me of Brunswick taking over Harley-Davidson...that was a
dismal failure.

Didn't know Brunswick ever owned HD, But then i don't know everything.

Now AMF did if I recall correctly.

Capt Jack R..

AND... AMF owned Crestliner too...!

Rob

Crestliner Boats Comments please. Capt Frank Hopkins General 3 February 15th 04 06:38 PM
Howard Lund dies del cecchi General 5 October 29th 03 07:21 PM
Lund vs. Princecraft KRead General 9 October 9th 03 04:00 AM