Default Anybody here with a Garmin 276C ? Need help w. connecting to VHF

Guys,

I cant get my 276 to communicate with my ICOM 402 ... it works with my
GPS V but not with my 276 ... tried everyhting ..

Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt

William G. Andersen

I found out that my radar and radio only receive from my Garmin GPS12 and
eTrex Mariner when the Garmins are set for the slowest BAUD rate in the NMEA
interface.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Guys,

I cant get my 276 to communicate with my ICOM 402 ... it works with my
GPS V but not with my 276 ... tried everyhting ..

Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt

after searching older posts it looks like garmin crippled the nmea
output on the 276 so that it doesnt connect with other NMEA devices ...

Right on Garmin!

Matt

Curtis

My Garmin 276C hooks up to a Kenwood 2 meter radio to transmit my location,
speed, altitude, etc to the internet where ever I am in the USA. Works
perfectly. That interface the Kenwood 2 way radio does is called APRS.
(Automatic Position Reporting System)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Guys,

I cant get my 276 to communicate with my ICOM 402 ... it works with my
GPS V but not with my 276 ... tried everyhting ..

Any advice?

Thanks,

Matt

Update:

It works now. I exchanged the unit and the new one works fine.

Matt