Calif Bill

Default For those who are suffereing though a harsh winter, have pity for Calif.

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Do fishermen eat avocados? This is a question
that no one ever thinks to ask."

Russel Chatham, "Dark Waters" (1988)

Yes, fisherman do eat avocados. I had 1/2 of a Hass avocado filled with
fresh dungness crab meat for lunch. A splash of fresh Eureka lemon juice
from the lemons of the backyard tree. Most excellent.
Bill

John H

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:46:47 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

My daughter in Southern Cal sent me this.
http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=73953
When you are felling the pain of frozen lakes we have winter damage also.
Bill

A purely spiteful, vicious attack on those of us who had to put up
with Hurricane Isabella *and* a cruel winter.

There's simply no call for such hate and ire in a newsgroup as
peaceful and loving as this.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
John H

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:32:12 -0500, "Jim--" wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
My daughter in Southern Cal sent me this.
http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=73953
When you are felling the pain of frozen lakes we have winter damage also.
Bill

We are seeing signs of Spring here. Perhaps Don will see it (I guess he is
way further north than me) in a month or so. Regardless, we can see the
light at the end of the tunnel.

Without a boat I am now wondering how I am gong to spend my spring (vs.
cleaning, waxing and prepping the boat). My wife and I have already
resigned ourselves to being without the boat in the late spring, summer and
fall seasons.

Sigh. I can see more household chores in my future, chores that we may
have contracted out in the past.

At least we have 5 good friends with boats and they all promised to take us
out. This includes 2 neighbors across the street from us, both of which I
introduced to boating. ;-)

Come up to Washington, D.C., smell and stare at the cherry blossoms,
see all the free museums, and help me wash and wax *my* boat!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
John H

On 11 Mar 2004 04:43:06 -0800, (Backyard
Renegade) wrote:

"Jim--" wrote in message ...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

Well, you could spend your time shilling news groups with political
bull**** from a unknowledgable point of view! ;-)

Do we know you?