JimH

John, why are you responding to these crossposting idiots???????????

John H

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:53:00 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

John, why are you responding to these crossposting idiots???????????

'Cause they were talking about my birthday!
--
John H

Don White

John H wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:53:00 -0400, "JimH" wrote:

John, why are you responding to these crossposting idiots???????????

'Cause they were talking about my birthday!

Careful JohnH...or the self appointed 'administrator' will be rapping
your knuckles.

Cut welfare programs. They make up nearly 55% of the
federal budget.

A grossly (and intentionally) inaccurate statement.

****************

Actually, about 55-58% of the budget *is* entitlements.
The payouts include social security, medicare, medicaid, veterans
benefits, federal retirement, etc.

I guess you could say that 50-some percent of the federal budget goes
to "welfare" if you want to clasify virtually every retired person over
62-65 years of age in the US as a "welfare recipient". I'd guess a lot
of folks bitching about 50-some percent of the budget going to
"welfare" probably get some of that 50-some percent money every month,
but would shoot the first person to accuse them of being on "welfare".

Bill McKee

wrote in message
ups.com...
Cut welfare programs. They make up nearly 55% of the
federal budget.

A grossly (and intentionally) inaccurate statement.

****************

Actually, about 55-58% of the budget *is* entitlements.
The payouts include social security, medicare, medicaid, veterans
benefits, federal retirement, etc.

I guess you could say that 50-some percent of the federal budget goes
to "welfare" if you want to clasify virtually every retired person over
62-65 years of age in the US as a "welfare recipient". I'd guess a lot
of folks bitching about 50-some percent of the budget going to
"welfare" probably get some of that 50-some percent money every month,
but would shoot the first person to accuse them of being on "welfare".

Social Security comes out of the "SS Trust Fund", so is off budget?

Social Security comes out of the "SS Trust Fund", so is off budget?

*********

Something about Google prevents me from posting links here.

If your do a search on Federal Budget Pie Chart you will find examples
where 50-55% is labeled for entitlements that always include social
security.

I had a good link, but for some reason I couldn't post it.

Maybe the charts are "federal expenditure" vs. federal budget.
They're easy to find

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Social Security comes out of the "SS Trust Fund", so is off budget?

*********

Something about Google prevents me from posting links here.

If your do a search on Federal Budget Pie Chart you will find examples
where 50-55% is labeled for entitlements that always include social
security.

I had a good link, but for some reason I couldn't post it.

Maybe the charts are "federal expenditure" vs. federal budget.
They're easy to find

I thought we had a Social Security Trust Fund. Seems as if a lot of posters
here were telling us that. I guess, I was just mis informed.
Bill

Bert Robbins

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...
Cut welfare programs. They make up nearly 55% of the
federal budget.

A grossly (and intentionally) inaccurate statement.

****************

Actually, about 55-58% of the budget *is* entitlements.
The payouts include social security, medicare, medicaid, veterans
benefits, federal retirement, etc.

I guess you could say that 50-some percent of the federal budget goes
to "welfare" if you want to clasify virtually every retired person over
62-65 years of age in the US as a "welfare recipient". I'd guess a lot
of folks bitching about 50-some percent of the budget going to
"welfare" probably get some of that 50-some percent money every month,
but would shoot the first person to accuse them of being on "welfare".

Social Security comes out of the "SS Trust Fund", so is off budget?

Don't make me laugh. Off budget?

JimH

Bert, replying to these idiots only encourages their crossposting. There is
also the potential that they will continue to crosspost to this group on
future postings. I would guess that is how Krause found this group some 10
years ago.

Ignore them.