noah

Default (OT) Dennis Miller, former Liberal

On 29 Jul 2003 10:29:47 -0700, (Curtis CCR)
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message ...
"FishFan" wrote in message
om...
"jps" wrote in message

"Q" wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 18:59:55 -0400, "Gary Warner"
wrote:

I believe Dennis Miller made a business decision. He looked around
and noticed that all the commedians were mostly liberal. Sure, some
made fun of Clinton or other Democrats. But mostly their hearts were
with the left. Miller figured, "Hey, if I can be funny on the right

I'll
be popular and get gigs."

Probably right. Just a common garden variety whore, just like his
friend AnnThrax Coulter.

Agree with both points here. Dennis was a raving liberal right up to

the
election results, then he switched teams.

"AnnThrax Coulter" made me laugh. Don't think I've heard her described

more
accurately. Another making a living off of sensational punditry.

Would love to get into it with you on this - but somewhere else. Your
inconsiderate "screw everyone else I'll do what I want, where I want"
attitude sucks. In case you haven't noticed this is the "rec.boats"
page. Post somewhere else and let me know where.

FishFan

Yeah, sure, I'll do that and let you know.

Been here long?

Probably not. Hadn't noticed that JPS and a couple of others have
taken the off-topic political bull**** to a new level.

They found a good system. Who needs an original thought when your
goal is only to make sure that every other thread in the groups starts
with "OT"? Just take articles and editorials - who cares if they are
copyrighted - from other sites, newpapers, whatever, and post them
here. Post an entire ****ing article! You shouldn't have to click a
link and leave rec.boats to read a pilfered poltical rant.

Damned near destroyed the newsgroup and appear to proud of themselves
for it.

Curtis- I made a similar comment when I first found this group- and
got my butt whupped. It seems that the founders of the group, in the
earliest days of USENET, never thought that political discussion would
arise, and never prohibited it in the FAQ or "newgroup" message.

I researched the FAQ, and it is mostly a collection of boating
etiquette and how-to's, found in remnants on various servers.
Unless the group adopted a new FAQ, political conversation is not
prohibited.

....just passing it along.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
jps

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...

Probably not. Hadn't noticed that JPS and a couple of others have
taken the off-topic political bull**** to a new level.

They found a good system. Who needs an original thought when your
goal is only to make sure that every other thread in the groups starts
with "OT"? Just take articles and editorials - who cares if they are
copyrighted - from other sites, newpapers, whatever, and post them
here. Post an entire ****ing article! You shouldn't have to click a
link and leave rec.boats to read a pilfered poltical rant.

Damned near destroyed the newsgroup and appear to proud of themselves
for it.

Didn't get rid of you Curtis. And thank goodness you're here to cite
copyright infractions, otherwise we might not credit the source like little
Chuckie Martin.

Curtis CCR

"jps" wrote in message ...
"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...

Probably not. Hadn't noticed that JPS and a couple of others have
taken the off-topic political bull**** to a new level.

They found a good system. Who needs an original thought when your
goal is only to make sure that every other thread in the groups starts
with "OT"? Just take articles and editorials - who cares if they are
copyrighted - from other sites, newpapers, whatever, and post them
here. Post an entire ****ing article! You shouldn't have to click a
link and leave rec.boats to read a pilfered poltical rant.

Damned near destroyed the newsgroup and appear to proud of themselves
for it.

Didn't get rid of you Curtis.

Oh. Was THAT your goal? To get rid of people in the newsgroup?

No - I won't get rid of me. Why do you feel compelled to use this
forum for your endless policital bull****. It's one thing to have a
little OT material in here, but you and some other seem to be engaged
in attempting to hijack this group by starting several off topic
thread every damned day.

You have started numerous threads with 100% cut n' paste content, and
only about 1 in 10 of your posts to this group has anything to do with
boats.

What's the matter? Can't hold your own in a more appropriate
political newsgroup?
Jack Redington

noah wrote:

On 29 Jul 2003 10:29:47 -0700, (Curtis CCR)
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message ...

"FishFan" wrote in message
e.com...

"jps" wrote in message

om...

wrote:

[...]

Yes Noah, I guess they thought that folks could figure out what was ment
by rec.boat. But many are clueless and just need to exploit everything
they can get their hands on. no wonder vhf has turned into garbage..

Capt Jack R..