Wayne.B

Default Probably no chance it could happen ere...

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:24:37 -0400, "Harry.Krause"

For which we should no doubt be thankful. Even questionable
leadership is better than being a banana republic ruled by rable.
Wayne.B

wrote:

For which we should no doubt be thankful. Even questionable
leadership is better than being a banana republic ruled by rable.

As opposed to oligarchy run for the rich and ruled by a semi-literate
buffoon like Bush?

=======================

Absolutely yes. If the (so called) rich are well taken care of, there
are better crumbs for everyone else and you still get to vote them out
of office in a constitutional manner at some point. Ruled by rable,
who knows what you get other than chaos and instability. Be careful
what you ask for. We almost had a taste of banana republic politics
during the Clinton administration.

Yes, it's me

Wayne,
You are trying to have an intellectual conversation with someone who is only
interested in sound bites.

wrote:

For which we should no doubt be thankful. Even questionable
leadership is better than being a banana republic ruled by rable.

As opposed to oligarchy run for the rich and ruled by a semi-literate
buffoon like Bush?

=======================

Absolutely yes. If the (so called) rich are well taken care of, there
are better crumbs for everyone else and you still get to vote them out
of office in a constitutional manner at some point. Ruled by rable,
who knows what you get other than chaos and instability. Be careful
what you ask for. We almost had a taste of banana republic politics
during the Clinton administration.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:28:54 -0400, "Yes, it's me"
wrote:

Wayne,
You are trying to have an intellectual conversation with someone who is only
interested in sound bites.

=====================================

It's against my better judgement to engage in any OT posting but every
once in awhile I'll throw my hat in the ring if suitably inspired.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I think you need to take a hard look at
your own chosen form of dialog and decide whether you want to be part
of the solution, or part of the problem.

Wayne.B

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:03:23 -0400, "Harry.Krause"
wrote:

"Smithers" is a main part of the problem.

Note that before he began playing his multiple identity game here
(upwards of 30 different identities, including some theft of
identities), we simply did not have a major problem with that sort of
7th Grade behavior here. Now, we have "Smithers" doing it, we have
Christopher K. Greenhalgh doing it again, and on a larger scale than he
had done previously, we had Tuuk doing it, and we have several others
doing it.

Their goal is the complete destruction of what remains of this newsgroup.

Harry, why not try leading by example and stop the political trolls?

All of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Jim,

I ain't Smithers wrote:

wrote:

[...]

What an asshole you are. Who the **** is Smithers asshole?

Don't you understand I have no respect for you back from the days when you
wer a Bayliner basher, had a feud wih Skipper (who had a lot more brains
than you), to your radical OT political postings?

**** YOU ASSHOLE, over the years you have made many enemies. I am just the
worst one you will ever encounter. I would love to meet you in a back
street. You wouldn't be able to spam this group for 6 months. Getting your
food and water from a tube from what would be left of your nose wouldn't
make typing on a keyboard very easy.

Please understand that the above constitutes a public threat, and quite
possibly harassment. You had best hope he doesn't fall down a flight of
stairs or something, as you would be the prime suspect. As to
harassment, it's up to the court to decide should he chose to pursue the
matter.

John H

wrote:

"Smithers" is a main part of the problem.

Note that before he began playing his multiple identity game here
(upwards of 30 different identities, including some theft of
identities), we simply did not have a major problem with that sort of
7th Grade behavior here. Now, we have "Smithers" doing it, we have
Christopher K. Greenhalgh doing it again, and on a larger scale than he
had done previously, we had Tuuk doing it, and we have several others
doing it.

Their goal is the complete destruction of what remains of this newsgroup.

Harry, why not try leading by example and stop the political trolls?

All of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Great point. Let's see if you get a response, Wayne.
--
John H

JimH

wrote:

"Smithers" is a main part of the problem.

Note that before he began playing his multiple identity game here
(upwards of 30 different identities, including some theft of
identities), we simply did not have a major problem with that sort of
7th Grade behavior here. Now, we have "Smithers" doing it, we have
Christopher K. Greenhalgh doing it again, and on a larger scale than he
had done previously, we had Tuuk doing it, and we have several others
doing it.

Their goal is the complete destruction of what remains of this newsgroup.

This coming from Harry Krause, the leader of the pack.....the person with
over 21,000 OT posts. Just look at the number Krause posted yesterday.

He is also confrontational, rude, foul mouthed and an internet stalker.

And he is trying to blame the destruction of the group on others.

How absolutely funny.

Yes, it's me

Harry,

You remind me of the British in 1775. " I don't understand why the
colonists are so upset. We used to be able to tax them without any dissent,
but now suddenly they want representation. Well, I suppose everything
changes, For the worse."

Is it possible that you never-ending personal attacks and insults is the
reason for the "tone" of rec.boats? Is it possible that your non-stop
political trolls have turned rec.boats from a friendly place to discuss
boats and occasionally off topic discussion, into a free for all?

Harry, you are so oblivious that you don't realize you are the problem.

wrote:

"Smithers" is a main part of the problem.

Note that before he began playing his multiple identity game here
(upwards of 30 different identities, including some theft of identities),
we simply did not have a major problem with that sort of 7th Grade
behavior here. Now, we have "Smithers" doing it, we have Christopher K.
Greenhalgh doing it again, and on a larger scale than he had done
previously, we had Tuuk doing it, and we have several others doing it.

Their goal is the complete destruction of what remains of this newsgroup.

Harry, why not try leading by example and stop the political trolls? All
of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

The OT posts don't bother me at all, Wayne, and never have. There are so
few decent boating-related posts in this newsgroup now, that if it weren't
for the OT stuff, there's be no need to check this newsgroup but once a
week. Or month. The very decent posters here who engage in OT banter have
been doing so for years without devolving into the kind of slimeball
behavior you see from Tuuk, Smithers, Netsock and our assembly of
anonymous posters. I filter out most of these droolers, and when you do
that, there aren't many posts left. They've taken over.

We used to be able to mix up boat-talk and other kinds of talk here,
before we were Smithered. Well, I suppose everything changes. For the
worse.